Tobramycin and Maternal exposure during pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 2,669 people who have side effects when taking Tobramycin. Maternal exposure during pregnancy is found, especially among people who are 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Oxytocin and have Uterine contractions during pregnancy.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tobramycin and have Maternal exposure during pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,669 people reported to have side effects when taking Tobramycin.
Among them, 24 people (0.9%) have Maternal exposure during pregnancy.
What is Tobramycin?
Tobramycin has active ingredients of tobramycin. It is used in cystic fibrosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 2,702 Tobramycin users.
What is Maternal exposure during pregnancy?
Maternal exposure during pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy) is found to be associated with 1,791 drugs and 1,430 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 81,265 people who have Maternal exposure during pregnancy.
Number of Tobramycin and Maternal exposure during pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Time on Tobramycin when people have Maternal exposure during pregnancy *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Maternal exposure during pregnancy when taking Tobramycin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.76 %
- 30-39: 95.24 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tobramycin *:
- Oxytocin: 21 people, 87.50%
- Omeprazole: 19 people, 79.17%
- Morphine Sulfate: 19 people, 79.17%
- Albuterol: 18 people, 75.00%
- Bupivacaine Hydrochloride: 18 people, 75.00%
- Ondansetron: 18 people, 75.00%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 17 people, 70.83%
- Fentanyl: 17 people, 70.83%
- Azithromycin: 12 people, 50.00%
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride: 10 people, 41.67%
Common side effects people have besides Maternal exposure during pregnancy *:
- Premature Delivery: 2 people, 8.33%
- Pulmonary Artery Atresia (lungs artery absent): 1 person, 4.17%
- Hellp Syndrome (life-threatening pregnancy complication): 1 person, 4.17%
Common conditions people have *:
- Uterine Contractions During Pregnancy: 18 people, 75.00%
- Pseudomonas Infection (pseudomonas infection is caused by a bacterium, pseudomonas aeruginosa): 1 person, 4.17%
- Labor Induction: 1 person, 4.17%
- Induced Labor: 1 person, 4.17%
- Amniotic Cavity Infection: 1 person, 4.17%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tobramycin and have Maternal exposure during pregnancy?Check whether Maternal exposure during pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Tobramycin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Tobramycin side effects (2,702 reports)
Maternal exposure during pregnancy treatments and more:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (81,265 reports)
Common drugs associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Prednisone: 8,099 reports
- Cimzia: 7,525 reports
- Methotrexate: 6,800 reports
- Enbrel: 6,282 reports
- Orencia: 5,830 reports
- Arava: 5,436 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 5,386 reports
- Humira: 5,364 reports
- Remicade: 4,940 reports
- Fosamax: 4,249 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (1,791 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Multiple sclerosis: 6,467 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 6,257 reports
- Epilepsy: 3,014 reports
- Hiv infection: 2,734 reports
- Depression: 2,550 reports
- Birth control: 2,439 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Maternal exposure during pregnancy:
- Maternal exposure during pregnancy (1,430 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tobramycin (the active ingredients of Tobramycin) and Tobramycin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Armodafinil and Kadian drug interaction - a second ago
- Mirtazapine and Feeling Drunk - 2 seconds ago
- Hizentra and Musculoskeletal Chest Pain - 6 seconds ago
- Flomax and Forteo drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Zelnorm drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Entocort Ec and Tuberculosis - 11 seconds ago
- Naloxone Hydrochloride and Clopra drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Norgestimate And Ethinyl Estradiol and Celebrex drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Epanova and Indapamide drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Pulmicort Respules and Hypotension - 27 seconds ago