Tofranil and Weils disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Weils disease is reported only by a few people who take Tofranil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tofranil and have Weils disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,900 people who have side effects while taking Tofranil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,900 people reported to have side effects when taking Tofranil.
Among them, 3 people (0.16%) have Weils disease.
What is Tofranil?
Tofranil has active ingredients of imipramine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. eHealthMe is studying from 1,940 Tofranil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Weils disease?
Weils disease (infection with bacteria of the genus leptospira and affects humans as well as other animals) is found to be associated with 6 drugs and 6 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tofranil and Weils disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Weils disease when taking Tofranil *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Weils disease when taking Tofranil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Weils disease *:
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 3 people, 100.00%
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness: 3 people, 100.00%
- Anuria (failure of the kidneys to produce urine): 3 people, 100.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 66.67%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 66.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 33.33%
- Leptospirosis (a bacterial disease that affects humans and animals): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tofranil and have Weils disease?Check whether Weils disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Weils disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of imipramine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tofranil:
- Tofranil (1,940 reports)
Common Tofranil side effects:
- Fall: 113 reports
Browse all side effects of Tofranil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Weils disease treatments and more:
- Weils disease (8 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Weils disease:
- Weils disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Weils disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Weils disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Weils disease:
- Weils disease (6 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Weils disease:
- Weils disease (6 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on imipramine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Tofranil) and Tofranil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hyperacusis and drugs of ingredients of metformin hydrochloride - 2 seconds ago
- Sennosides and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 14 seconds ago
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Spinal Cord Abscess - 17 seconds ago
- Percocet and Lung Neoplasm Malignant - 19 seconds ago
- Ultracet and Prednisolone drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 28 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone Acetonide and Colostomy - a minute ago
- Baraclude and Mircera drug interaction - a minute ago
- Topamax and Blood Amylase Decreased - a minute ago
- Loestrin Fe 1/20 and Weakness - a minute ago