Topamax and Acute cerebellar ataxia - from FDA reports
Acute cerebellar ataxia is reported only by a few people who take Topamax. We study 38,742 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA. Among them, 3 have Acute cerebellar ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Acute cerebellar ataxia and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
38,742 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Acute cerebellar ataxia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Topamax when people have Acute cerebellar ataxia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute cerebellar ataxia when taking Topamax *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Acute cerebellar ataxia when taking Topamax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 2 people, 66.67%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles): 1 person, 33.33%
- Menstrual Discomfort: 1 person, 33.33%
- Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (childhood epilepsy occurring early in morning affecting 12 to 18 years): 1 person, 33.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft: 2 people, 66.67%
- Wellbutrin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 66.67%
- Prometrium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 33.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tethered Cord Syndrome (a neurological disorder caused by tissue attachments that limit the movement of the spinal cord within the spinal column): 2 people, 66.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation (malformation of the brain): 2 people, 66.67%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 66.67%
- Cerebral Ventriculogram Abnormal: 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acute cerebellar ataxia while taking Topamax?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute cerebellar ataxia
- Subscribe to monitor Acute cerebellar ataxia in Topamax
You are not alone:
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 42,685 users)
Acute cerebellar ataxia
Acute cerebellar ataxia (disorder of the nervous system-sudden onset of a disturbance in coordination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, hiv infection, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 896 Acute cerebellar ataxia patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute cerebellar ataxiaAcute cerebellar ataxia (450 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute cerebellar ataxiaAcute cerebellar ataxia (297 conditions)
Topamax side effects
- Topamax side effects (38,757 reports)
Browse all side effects of Topamaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Allergic Myocarditis with Vitamin B12? - now
- Dalmane and Xanthan drug interaction - now
- Arthrotec and Xenical drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Twitching with Dry Eyes? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Fasciculation with Dry Eyes? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Provigil - 2 minutes ago
- A study for a 42 year old man who takes Modafinil, Effexor Xr - 52 minutes ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Lidocaine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Geodon, Enskyce, Lyrica, Methotrexate, Minipress, Baclofen, Wellbutrin for a 24 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Aleve, Xigduo Xr for a 59 year old woman - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.