Who have Cerebellitis with Topamax - from FDA reports
Cerebellitis is reported only by a few people who take Topamax. We study 38,742 people who have side effects while taking Topamax from FDA. Among them, 3 have Cerebellitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Cerebellitis and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
38,742 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax.
Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Cerebellitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Topamax when people have Cerebellitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cerebellitis when taking Topamax *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Cerebellitis when taking Topamax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 2 people, 66.67%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1 person, 33.33%
- Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles): 1 person, 33.33%
- Menstrual Discomfort: 1 person, 33.33%
- Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (childhood epilepsy occurring early in morning affecting 12 to 18 years): 1 person, 33.33%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft: 2 people, 66.67%
- Wellbutrin: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 66.67%
- Prometrium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 33.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tethered Cord Syndrome (a neurological disorder caused by tissue attachments that limit the movement of the spinal cord within the spinal column): 2 people, 66.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 66.67%
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation (malformation of the brain): 2 people, 66.67%
- Cardiac Disorder: 2 people, 66.67%
- Cerebral Ventriculogram Abnormal: 2 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Cerebellitis while taking Topamax?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Cerebellitis
- Subscribe to monitor Cerebellitis in Topamax
You are not alone:
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 42,685 users)
Cerebellitis (disease caused by viral infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, hiv infection, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 896 Cerebellitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with CerebellitisCerebellitis (441 drugs)
Could your condition cause CerebellitisCerebellitis (297 conditions)
Topamax side effects
- Topamax side effects (38,757 reports)
Browse all side effects of Topamaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gerds with Risedronate Sodium? - now
- Will you have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease with Risedronate Sodium? - now
- Will you have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease with Risedronate Sodium? - now
- Will you have Numbness And Tingling with Osmoprep? - now
- Will you have Acid Reflux with Risedronate Sodium? - now
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Toprol-xl, Lisinopril for a 62 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Losartan, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Lunesta - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Cymbalta - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.