Who have Decreased sweating with Topamax - from FDA reports
Decreased sweating is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Synthroid, and have Convulsion. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,742 people who have side effects when taking Topamax from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
38,742 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax.
Among them, 85 people (0.22%) have Decreased sweating
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Topamax when people have Decreased sweating *:
- < 1 month: 9.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.73 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.18 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.27 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.55 %
- 10+ years: 9.09 %
Gender of people who have Decreased sweating when taking Topamax *:
- female: 56.1 %
- male: 43.9 %
Age of people who have Decreased sweating when taking Topamax *:
- 0-1: 3.39 %
- 2-9: 44.07 %
- 10-19: 23.73 %
- 20-29: 1.69 %
- 30-39: 10.17 %
- 40-49: 8.47 %
- 50-59: 6.78 %
- 60+: 1.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 8 people, 9.41%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 5.88%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 2.35%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 2.35%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 2.35%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid: 8 people, 9.41%
- Detrol La: 7 people, 8.24%
- Vioxx: 7 people, 8.24%
- Robaxin: 7 people, 8.24%
- Tegretol: 7 people, 8.24%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 22 people, 25.88%
- Body Temperature Increased: 13 people, 15.29%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 9 people, 10.59%
- Weight Increased: 8 people, 9.41%
- Weight Decreased: 8 people, 9.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Decreased sweating while taking Topamax?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Decreased sweating
- Subscribe to monitor Decreased sweating in Topamax
You are not alone:
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 42,685 users)
Decreased sweating has been reported by people with epilepsy, migraine, depression, convulsion, pain (latest reports from 327 Decreased sweating patients).
Drugs that are associated with Decreased sweatingDecreased sweating (207 drugs)
Could your condition cause Decreased sweatingDecreased sweating (152 conditions)
Topamax side effects
- Topamax side effects (38,757 reports)
Browse all side effects of Topamaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Khedr YA, Khedr AH, "Sarcoidosis patient: an unexpected reaction to carbonic anhydrase enzyme inhibitor", BMJ case reports, 2013 Jul .
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Cartilage Hypertrophy with Methotrexate? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Tinnitus with Acular Ls? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Ringing In The Ears with Acular Ls? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears with Acular Ls? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Ear Buzzing with Acular Ls? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Saw Palmetto, Tamsulosin, Dutasteride for a 73 year old man - 19 minutes ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Oxcarbazepine, Xanax - 53 minutes ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Tysabri, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Amlodipine, Dofetilide for a 81 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Depo-provera, Vitamin D3, Methocarbamol, Vitamin C, Buspar, Neurontin, Lexapro - 9 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.