Topamax and Ulcerative colitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ulcerative colitis is found among people who take Topamax, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Topamax and have Ulcerative colitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 52,616 people who have side effects when taking Topamax from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
52,616 people reported to have side effects when taking Topamax.
Among them, 102 people (0.19%) have Ulcerative colitis.
What is Topamax?
Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 55,120 Topamax users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ulcerative colitis?
Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine) is found to be associated with 2,464 drugs and 1,918 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Topamax and Ulcerative colitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Topamax when people have Ulcerative colitis *:
Gender of people who have Ulcerative colitis when taking Topamax*:
Age of people who have Ulcerative colitis when taking Topamax *:
Common drugs people take besides Topamax *:
Common side effects people have besides Ulcerative colitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Topamax and have Ulcerative colitis?Check whether Ulcerative colitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Ulcerative colitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of topiramate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Topamax:
- Topamax (55,120 reports)
Common Topamax side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 3,806 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,666 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,199 reports
- Pain: 2,913 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,584 reports
- Dizziness: 2,501 reports
- Migraine (headache): 2,313 reports
- Depression: 2,301 reports
Browse all side effects of Topamax:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ulcerative colitis treatments and more:
- Ulcerative colitis (135,514 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ulcerative colitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ulcerative colitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Accutane: 9,187 reports
- Prednisone: 6,289 reports
- Humira: 5,546 reports
- Remicade: 3,400 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,585 reports
- Mesalamine: 1,567 reports
- Entyvio: 1,538 reports
- Asacol: 1,455 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,305 reports
- Azathioprine: 1,183 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis (2,464 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Acne: 5,987 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,226 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,123 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,031 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis (1,918 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on topiramate (the active ingredients of Topamax) and Topamax (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft and Indomethacin drug interaction - a second ago
- Pravastatin Sodium and Feldene drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Parkinson'S Disease and Varicose Vein - 8 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Psyllium Husk drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen and Aluminum Hydroxide And Magnesium Trisilicate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Drug Ineffective in Morphine, how severe and when it was recovered? - 18 seconds ago
- Joint Pain in Ergocalciferol, how severe and when it was recovered? - 19 seconds ago
- Weakness in Ergocalciferol, how severe and when it was recovered? - 20 seconds ago
- Tardive Dyskinesia in Clopra, how severe and when it was recovered? - 20 seconds ago
- Headache in Ergocalciferol, how severe and when it was recovered? - 22 seconds ago