Topiramate and Bradyphrenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bradyphrenia is found among people who take Topiramate, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Topiramate and have Bradyphrenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,034 people who have side effects when taking Topiramate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,034 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate.
Among them, 133 people (0.34%) have Bradyphrenia.
What is Topiramate?
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 40,558 Topiramate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bradyphrenia?
Bradyphrenia (neurological term referring to the slowness of thought common to many disorders of the brain) is found to be associated with 988 drugs and 661 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Topiramate and Bradyphrenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Topiramate when people have Bradyphrenia *:
Gender of people who have Bradyphrenia when taking Topiramate*:
Age of people who have Bradyphrenia when taking Topiramate *:
Common drugs people take besides Topiramate *:
Common side effects people have besides Bradyphrenia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Topiramate and have Bradyphrenia?Check whether Bradyphrenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Bradyphrenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of topiramate:
- Bradyphrenia and drugs with ingredients of topiramate (139 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Topiramate:
- Topiramate (40,558 reports)
Common Topiramate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,046 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,566 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,428 reports
- Dizziness: 1,720 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,644 reports
- Pain: 1,627 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1,516 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,501 reports
Browse all side effects of Topiramate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bradyphrenia treatments and more:
- Bradyphrenia (6,808 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bradyphrenia:
- Bradyphrenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bradyphrenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bradyphrenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bradyphrenia:
- Lorazepam: 627 reports
- Loraz: 627 reports
- Lyrica: 287 reports
- Gabapentin: 284 reports
- Xanax: 252 reports
- Diazepam: 246 reports
- Alprazolam: 244 reports
- Sertraline: 236 reports
- Metformin: 235 reports
- Omeprazole: 215 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bradyphrenia:
- Bradyphrenia (988 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bradyphrenia:
- Depression: 534 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 353 reports
- High blood pressure: 329 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 276 reports
- Drug abuse: 250 reports
- Drug abuse and dependence: 219 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bradyphrenia:
- Bradyphrenia (661 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on topiramate (the active ingredients of Topiramate) and Topiramate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Elavil and Videx drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Tendonitis - 2 seconds ago
- Lemtrada and Feeling Abnormal - 4 seconds ago
- Doxycycline Hyclate and Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia - 8 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Malignant Melanoma - 9 seconds ago
- Euthyrox and Pleural Effusion - 10 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Hepatic Cirrhosis - 10 seconds ago
- Pernicious Anaemia and Ascites - 11 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Lonox drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen, Caffeine And Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate drug interaction - 11 seconds ago