Topiramate and Hepatitis c - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatitis c is found among people who take Topiramate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Topiramate and have Hepatitis c. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,034 people who have side effects when taking Topiramate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,034 people reported to have side effects when taking Topiramate.
Among them, 23 people (0.06%) have Hepatitis c.
What is Topiramate?
Topiramate has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 40,597 Topiramate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatitis c?
Hepatitis c is found to be associated with 1,617 drugs and 932 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Topiramate and Hepatitis c reports submitted per year:
Time on Topiramate when people have Hepatitis c *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Topiramate *:
- female: 60.87 %
- male: 39.13 %
Age of people who have Hepatitis c when taking Topiramate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 23.08 %
- 30-39: 23.08 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 30.77 %
- 60+: 7.69 %
Common drugs people take besides Topiramate *:
- Metformin: 5 people, 21.74%
- Xyrem: 5 people, 21.74%
- Clozaril: 4 people, 17.39%
- Synthroid: 3 people, 13.04%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 8.70%
- Percocet: 2 people, 8.70%
- Oxycontin: 2 people, 8.70%
- Nuvigil: 2 people, 8.70%
- Northera: 2 people, 8.70%
- Nasonex: 2 people, 8.70%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatitis c *:
- Pain In Extremity: 4 people, 17.39%
- Depression: 3 people, 13.04%
- Heart Attack: 3 people, 13.04%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 13.04%
- Drug Dependence: 3 people, 13.04%
- Suicidal Ideation: 3 people, 13.04%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 8.70%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 8.70%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 8.70%
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (abnormal increase in heart rate on becoming upright): 2 people, 8.70%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 5 people, 21.74%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 4 people, 17.39%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 13.04%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 13.04%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 3 people, 13.04%
- Pain: 2 people, 8.70%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 8.70%
- Urination - Painful: 1 person, 4.35%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 4.35%
- Cor Pulmonale Chronic (long lasting enlargement of the right ventricle of the heart): 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Topiramate and have Hepatitis c?Check whether Hepatitis c is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Baloch M, Siddiqui MA, "Topiramate induced sudden loss of vision", JPMA, 2012 Oct .
- Kocamaz, M., & Karadag, O., "Topiramate-Induced Acute Myopia, Diplopia, and Photosensitivity: A Case Report", Beyoglu Eye Journal, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Hepatitis c and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of topiramate:
- Hepatitis c and drugs with ingredients of topiramate (50 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Topiramate:
- Topiramate (40,597 reports)
Common Topiramate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,046 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,566 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,428 reports
- Dizziness: 1,720 reports
- Migraine (headache): 1,644 reports
- Pain: 1,627 reports
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 1,516 reports
- Drowsiness: 1,501 reports
Browse all side effects of Topiramate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatitis c treatments and more:
- Hepatitis c (129,371 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatitis c in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatitis c:
- Ribavirin: 2,571 reports
- Sovaldi: 963 reports
- Sofosbuvir: 947 reports
- Harvoni: 914 reports
- Oxycontin: 823 reports
- Pegasys: 744 reports
- Prednisone: 569 reports
- Dilaudid: 475 reports
- Clozaril: 467 reports
- Tacrolimus: 417 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (1,617 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hiv infection: 532 reports
- Pain: 526 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 451 reports
- Schizophrenia: 433 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatitis c:
- Hepatitis c (932 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on topiramate (the active ingredients of Topiramate) and Topiramate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pyrazinamide and Bone Pain Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Ranexa vs. Amoxicillin - 6 seconds ago
- Provera and Navane drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Arimidex and Periodontal Disease - 14 seconds ago
- Dificid and Fluphenazine Hcl drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Sevoflurane and Mental Disorder - 17 seconds ago
- Carboplatin and Miacalcin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Theophyl and Diarrhea Haemorrhagic - 24 seconds ago
- Dysthymia in Abilify, how severe and when it was recovered? - 37 seconds ago
- Nipent and Renal Impairment - 38 seconds ago