Who have Interstitial lung disease with Topotecan - from FDA reports
Interstitial lung disease is found among people who take Topotecan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fluorouracil, and have Colon cancer. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,537 people who have side effects when taking Topotecan from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
3,537 people reported to have side effects when taking Topotecan.
Among them, 45 people (1.27%) have Interstitial lung disease
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Topotecan when people have Interstitial lung disease *:
- < 1 month: 41.94 %
- 1 - 6 months: 51.61 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.23 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Topotecan *:
- female: 51.28 %
- male: 48.72 %
Age of people who have Interstitial lung disease when taking Topotecan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 18.42 %
- 60+: 81.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Colon Cancer: 21 people, 46.67%
- Preventive Health Care: 8 people, 17.78%
- Lung Cancer - Small Cell (lung cancer): 7 people, 15.56%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 13.33%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 5 people, 11.11%
- Respiratory Tract Congestion (blockage on respiratory system): 5 people, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 11.11%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 5 people, 11.11%
- Constipation: 4 people, 8.89%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 8.89%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluorouracil: 18 people, 40.00%
- Decadron: 8 people, 17.78%
- Diovan: 7 people, 15.56%
- Levoleucovorin Calcium: 7 people, 15.56%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 13.33%
- Imodium: 5 people, 11.11%
- Avandia: 5 people, 11.11%
- Glucotrol Xl: 5 people, 11.11%
- Phenergan: 5 people, 11.11%
- Mucinex: 5 people, 11.11%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 10 people, 22.22%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 13.33%
- Colon Cancer: 6 people, 13.33%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 5 people, 11.11%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 4 people, 8.89%
- Disease Progression: 4 people, 8.89%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 8.89%
- Dry Skin: 3 people, 6.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 6.67%
- Pancytopenia (medical condition in which there is a reduction in the number of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets): 3 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Interstitial lung disease while taking Topotecan?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Interstitial lung disease
- Subscribe to monitor Interstitial lung disease in Topotecan
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Topotecan and have Interstitial lung disease
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Topotecan has active ingredients of topotecan hydrochloride. (latest outcomes from Topotecan 3,545 users)
Interstitial lung disease
Interstitial lung disease has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, preventive health care, lung cancer - non-small cell, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 37,186 Interstitial lung disease patients).
Drugs that are associated with Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease (1,715 drugs)
Could your condition cause Interstitial lung diseaseInterstitial lung disease (1,518 conditions)
Topotecan side effects
- Topotecan side effects (3,542 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Topotecana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Taste Loss with Chloromyxin? - a second ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Fatigue with Renagel - 2 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Weariness with Renagel - 2 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Tiredness with Renagel - 2 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Lethargy with Renagel - 3 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Exhaustion with Renagel - 3 seconds ago
- Men aged 30-39 who have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness with Renagel - 3 seconds ago
- Carvedilol and Maxidex drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Neulasta and Macuna drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Eating Disorder with Tegretol? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Celebrex - an hour ago
- A study for a 23 year old man who takes Griseofulvin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Humira, Lamictal - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Symbicort - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Cellcept, Prednisone - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Viagra - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Cialis, Viagra for a 59 year old man - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Klonopin - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Nardil, Ambien - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old man who takes Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Nuvigil, Lamictal Xr, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Irbesartan - 13 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.