Toprol-xl and Cervical cord compression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cervical cord compression is found among people who take Toprol-xl, especially for people who are 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Toprol-xl and have Cervical cord compression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 38,272 people who have side effects when taking Toprol-xl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
38,272 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl.
Among them, 18 people (0.05%) have Cervical cord compression.
What is Toprol-xl?
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 40,546 Toprol-xl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cervical cord compression?
Cervical cord compression (compression of spinal cord at site of cervical vertebrae) is found to be associated with 348 drugs and 117 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Toprol-xl and Cervical cord compression reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Cervical cord compression when taking Toprol-xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Toprol-xl *:
- Zometa: 16 people, 88.89%
- Finasteride: 16 people, 88.89%
- Meclizine: 16 people, 88.89%
- Levaquin: 16 people, 88.89%
- Lanoxin: 16 people, 88.89%
- Zolpidem: 16 people, 88.89%
- Haloperidol: 16 people, 88.89%
- Furosemide: 16 people, 88.89%
- Flomax: 16 people, 88.89%
- Flexeril: 16 people, 88.89%
Common side effects people have besides Cervical cord compression *:
- Weakness: 16 people, 88.89%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 16 people, 88.89%
- Electrocardiogram T Wave Abnormal: 16 people, 88.89%
- Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition): 16 people, 88.89%
- Enlarged Heart: 16 people, 88.89%
- Extrapyramidal Disorder (involuntary muscle spasms in the face and neck): 16 people, 88.89%
- Fever: 16 people, 88.89%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 16 people, 88.89%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 16 people, 88.89%
- Headache (pain in head): 16 people, 88.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 16 people, 88.89%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 2 people, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Toprol-xl and have Cervical cord compression?Check whether Cervical cord compression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cervical cord compression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metoprolol succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Toprol-xl:
- Toprol-xl (40,546 reports)
Common Toprol-xl side effects:
Browse all side effects of Toprol-xl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cervical cord compression treatments and more:
- Cervical cord compression (527 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cervical cord compression:
- Cervical cord compression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cervical cord compression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cervical cord compression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Cervical cord compression:
- Cervical cord compression (348 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Cervical cord compression:
- Cervical cord compression (117 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoprolol succinate (the active ingredients of Toprol-xl) and Toprol-xl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azasan and Liver Disorder - a second ago
- Azasan and Insomnia - 4 seconds ago
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and drugs of ingredients of chlorpheniramine maleate; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride - 5 seconds ago
- Acyclovir and Clavicle Fracture - 6 seconds ago
- Taxol and Lacrimation Decreased - 8 seconds ago
- Azasan and Appetite - Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Azasan and Appetite Decreased - 9 seconds ago
- Zoloft and Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukaemia - 9 seconds ago
- Sandostatin and Myasthenia Gravis - 10 seconds ago
- Prolia and Muscle Strain - 13 seconds ago