Toprol-xl and Hypotension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 38,273 people who have side effects when taking Toprol-xl. Hypotension is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Lasix and have High blood cholesterol.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Toprol-xl and have Hypotension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
38,273 people reported to have side effects when taking Toprol-xl.
Among them, 1,695 people (4.43%) have Hypotension.
What is Toprol-xl?
Toprol-xl has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 40,608 Toprol-xl users.
What is Hypotension?
Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure) is found to be associated with 4,285 drugs and 4,671 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 313,891 people who have Hypotension.
Number of Toprol-xl and Hypotension reports submitted per year:
Time on Toprol-xl when people have Hypotension *:
Gender of people who have Hypotension when taking Toprol-xl*:
Age of people who have Hypotension when taking Toprol-xl *:
Common drugs people take besides Toprol-xl *:
Common side effects people have besides Hypotension *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Toprol-xl and have Hypotension?Check whether Hypotension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Toprol-xl side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Toprol-xl side effects (40,608 reports)
Hypotension treatments and more:
- Hypotension (313,891 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hypotension:
- Aspirin: 18,030 reports
- Entresto: 15,192 reports
- Prednisone: 13,298 reports
- Furosemide: 13,185 reports
- Amlodipine: 11,142 reports
- Metformin: 10,337 reports
- Lasix: 10,020 reports
- Lisinopril: 9,939 reports
- Omeprazole: 9,541 reports
- Pantoprazole: 8,341 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypotension:
- Hypotension (4,285 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypotension:
- High blood pressure: 22,523 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 12,017 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 9,353 reports
- Pain: 7,565 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypotension:
- Hypotension (4,671 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metoprolol succinate (the active ingredients of Toprol-xl) and Toprol-xl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Budesonide and Zolpidem drug interaction - now
- Xifaxan and Soliris drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Yervoy and Flomax drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Requip and Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Timolol Maleate and Amoxicillin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Biotin and Chlorthalidone drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lacrisert and Diprolene drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prolia and Ativan drug interaction - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Questran drug interaction - a minute ago
- Yaz and Ganciclovir drug interaction - a minute ago