Tramadol and Death - from FDA reports
Death is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Death with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 2,330 people (2.8%) have Death
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Death *:
- < 1 month: 65.98 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.19 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.03 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Death when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 51.78 %
- male: 48.22 %
Age of people who have Death when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.17 %
- 2-9: 0.95 %
- 10-19: 1.73 %
- 20-29: 6.01 %
- 30-39: 9.85 %
- 40-49: 13.24 %
- 50-59: 21.98 %
- 60+: 46.08 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (102 people, 4.38%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (96 people, 4.12%)
- High Blood Pressure (91 people, 3.91%)
- Depression (64 people, 2.75%)
- Preventive Health Care (62 people, 2.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen (158 people, 6.78%)
- Lasix (131 people, 5.62%)
- Omeprazole (127 people, 5.45%)
- Aspirin (122 people, 5.24%)
- Furosemide (121 people, 5.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (174 people, 7.47%)
- Completed Suicide (159 people, 6.82%)
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (119 people, 5.11%)
- Weakness (92 people, 3.95%)
- Breathing Difficulty (87 people, 3.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Death when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is death caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDeath and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDeath and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,462 users)
Death has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, primary pulmonary hypertension, chronic myeloid leukaemia, diabetes, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 386,249 Death patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DeathDeath
Could your condition cause DeathDeath
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mansour HM, "Tramadol and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy: A Case Report", Medicine Science, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
That same bad lady bought me a big bottle of purple drank - I bought it hoping to have death, or at least totally trip, but all it did was make my cold go totally away. I feel great now and I'm super pissed about it.
I started taking tramadol 50 mg about 2 months ago. I started having lower nose nosebleeds and then I had a very severe nosebleed that required an embolization surgery to stop the bleeding blood vessel. I still need it but am afraid of the nosebleeds? What should I do?