Tramadol and Hypertension - from FDA reports
Hypertension is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Hypertension with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 18, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 2,437 people (2.93%) have Hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 57.49 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.78 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.19 %
- 1 - 2 years: 13.77 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.19 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.8 %
- 10+ years: 1.8 %
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 72.27 %
- male: 27.73 %
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.16 %
- 2-9: 0.42 %
- 10-19: 0.99 %
- 20-29: 2.61 %
- 30-39: 7.62 %
- 40-49: 14.67 %
- 50-59: 26.27 %
- 60+: 47.26 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (229 people, 9.40%)
- Depression (205 people, 8.41%)
- Stress And Anxiety (175 people, 7.18%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (154 people, 6.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (140 people, 5.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (260 people, 10.67%)
- Lyrica (224 people, 9.19%)
- Nexium (219 people, 8.99%)
- Omeprazole (200 people, 8.21%)
- Cymbalta (194 people, 7.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (419 people, 17.19%)
- Nausea (410 people, 16.82%)
- Headache (387 people, 15.88%)
- Weakness (384 people, 15.76%)
- Stress And Anxiety (379 people, 15.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertension when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is hypertension caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypertension and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypertension and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,460 users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,344 Hypertension patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypertensionHypertension
Could your condition cause HypertensionHypertension
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi my husband started Trulicity a week and a half ago, he is very constipated, belching, terrible intergestion, fatigued and his blood pressure is higher than normal, can he return to his insulin instead of continuing Trulicity? How does he ween off of it or is it not necessary? Can he just ...
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...