Tramadol and Hypothyroid - from FDA reports
Hypothyroid is found among people who take Tramadol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Hypothyroid with Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83,165 people who have side effects when taking Tramadol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
83,165 people reported to have side effects when taking Tramadol.
Among them, 224 people (0.27%) have Hypothyroid
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tramadol when people have Hypothyroid *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypothyroid when taking Tramadol *:
- female: 83.41 %
- male: 16.59 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroid when taking Tramadol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.81 %
- 30-39: 3.61 %
- 40-49: 21.69 %
- 50-59: 23.49 %
- 60+: 49.4 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (27 people, 12.05%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (22 people, 9.82%)
- Depression (22 people, 9.82%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 8.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (17 people, 7.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (52 people, 23.21%)
- Nexium (52 people, 23.21%)
- Neurontin (38 people, 16.96%)
- Prednisone (32 people, 14.29%)
- Flexeril (29 people, 12.95%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (55 people, 24.55%)
- Fatigue (55 people, 24.55%)
- Fall (51 people, 22.77%)
- Stress And Anxiety (50 people, 22.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (50 people, 22.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypothyroid when taking Tramadol?
- Check symptoms - is hypothyroid caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypothyroid and drugs with ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypothyroid and Tramadol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tramadol has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tramadol 88,460 users)
Hypothyroid has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, depression (latest reports from 85,738 Hypothyroid patients).
Browse all side effects of Tramadola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypothyroidHypothyroid
Could your condition cause HypothyroidHypothyroid
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My name is Jeff and I have had Congenital Neutropenia my whole life. In the last year, I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and started on a synthetic replacement. A couple of months ago I had severe abdominal pain that led me to the Emergency room. They did a bunch of labs and found ...
In 2009 I had my first onset of the urticaria and after endless tests a cause could not be found. I was on Xyzel and Atarax for about 9 months then found out I was pregnant. I was on the Atarax for the first 3 months of my pregnancy then everything magically disappeared I had my son in 2010. I ...
User reviews to the study
Thank you for who ever started this group...thought I was alone in my search for answers. Seeking those who have had successful outcomes after acute pancreatic episode...I am a women who lives a healthy lifestyle, and open to suggestions as to what works to prevent further ...
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...