Travatan z and The flu - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
The flu is found among people who take Travatan z, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Travatan z and have The flu. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,844 people who have side effects when taking Travatan z from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,844 people reported to have side effects when taking Travatan z.
Among them, 25 people (0.43%) have The flu.
What is Travatan z?
Travatan z has active ingredients of travoprost. It is often used in glaucoma. eHealthMe is studying from 5,987 Travatan z users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is The flu?
The flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus) is found to be associated with 3,068 drugs and 2,513 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Travatan z and The flu reports submitted per year:
Time on Travatan z when people have The flu *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have The flu when taking Travatan z *:
- female: 76 %
- male: 24 %
Age of people who have The flu when taking Travatan z *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 77.78 %
Common drugs people take besides Travatan z *:
- Simbrinza: 6 people, 24.00%
- Vitamin D3: 5 people, 20.00%
- Alphagan P: 4 people, 16.00%
- Lumigan: 3 people, 12.00%
- Heparin: 3 people, 12.00%
- Rituxan: 3 people, 12.00%
- Nexium: 2 people, 8.00%
- Benadryl: 2 people, 8.00%
- Vitamin D: 2 people, 8.00%
- Melatonin: 2 people, 8.00%
Common side effects people have besides The flu *:
- Pneumonia: 4 people, 16.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 12.00%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 8.00%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 8.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 8.00%
- Kidney Stones: 2 people, 8.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 8.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 8.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 8.00%
- Intraocular Pressure Increased: 2 people, 8.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 12.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 8.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 8.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 8.00%
- Weakness: 1 person, 4.00%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 1 person, 4.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 1 person, 4.00%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 1 person, 4.00%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 4.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Travatan z and have The flu?Check whether The flu is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was The flu and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of travoprost:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Travatan z:
- Travatan z (5,987 reports)
Common Travatan z side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 400 reports
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 266 reports
- Eye pain: 258 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 184 reports
Browse all side effects of Travatan z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
The flu treatments and more:
- The flu (120,085 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to The flu:
- The flu in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- The flu in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- The flu in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with The flu:
- Prednisone: 8,260 reports
- Enbrel: 7,896 reports
- Humira: 6,872 reports
- Methotrexate: 6,868 reports
- Xolair: 4,406 reports
- Aspirin: 3,966 reports
- Xeljanz: 3,612 reports
- Metformin: 3,349 reports
- Cosentyx: 3,181 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,054 reports
All the drugs that are associated with The flu:
- The flu (3,068 drugs)
Common conditions associated with The flu:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 14,965 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 8,403 reports
- Asthma: 6,376 reports
- Psoriasis: 4,438 reports
- High blood pressure: 4,227 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 3,782 reports
- Crohn's disease: 3,266 reports
All the conditions that are associated with The flu:
- The flu (2,513 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on travoprost (the active ingredients of Travatan z) and Travatan z (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bexxar and Acute Kidney Failure - 6 seconds ago
- Bexxar and Renal Failure - Acute - 6 seconds ago
- Oat and Head Injury - 9 seconds ago
- Buspar and Urethral Disorder - 9 seconds ago
- Ilaris and Premature Rupture Of Membranes - 9 seconds ago
- Yasmin and Lotrimin drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Cyclophosphamide and Pancreatic Injury - 12 seconds ago
- Fentanyl and Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Shortened - 17 seconds ago
- Septocaine and Seizures - 17 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride vs. Estazolam - 20 seconds ago