Tremfya and Systemic lupus erythematosus - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Tremfya, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tremfya and have Systemic lupus erythematosus. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,350 people who have side effects when taking Tremfya from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,350 people reported to have side effects when taking Tremfya.
Among them, 15 people (0.08%) have Systemic lupus erythematosus.
What is Tremfya?
Tremfya has active ingredients of guselkumab. eHealthMe is studying from 12,077 Tremfya users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) is found to be associated with 2,309 drugs and 1,573 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tremfya and Systemic lupus erythematosus reports submitted per year:
Time on Tremfya when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Tremfya *:
- female: 41.67 %
- male: 58.33 %
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Tremfya *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 83.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tremfya *:
- Stelara: 1 person, 6.67%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 6.67%
- Prednisolone: 1 person, 6.67%
- Lyrica: 1 person, 6.67%
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate: 1 person, 6.67%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 6.67%
- Ceftriaxone: 1 person, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Systemic lupus erythematosus *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung): 4 people, 26.67%
- Sweat Gland Disorder: 3 people, 20.00%
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome (disorder that manifests clinically as recurrent venous or arterial thrombosis and/or fetal loss): 3 people, 20.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 13.33%
- Silicosis (a lung disease that is caused by inhaling tiny bits of silica): 1 person, 6.67%
- Pain: 1 person, 6.67%
- Lupus Endocarditis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect heart): 1 person, 6.67%
- Itching: 1 person, 6.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 6.67%
- Alanine Aminotransferase Increased: 1 person, 6.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 11 people, 73.33%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 13.33%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 6.67%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 6.67%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tremfya and have Systemic lupus erythematosus?Check whether Systemic lupus erythematosus is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hania A, "Pyoderma Gangrenosum in a Patient With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Case Report", Journal of Medical Cases, 2014 Aug .
- Hu P, Lu L, Hu B, Deng F, Fei WJ, "Cyclophosphamide‐Induced Hypertensive Encephalopathy in a Young Girl With Lupus", The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, 2012 Apr .
How severe was Systemic lupus erythematosus and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of guselkumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tremfya:
- Tremfya (12,077 reports)
Common Tremfya side effects:
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1,065 reports
- Drug ineffective: 973 reports
- Joint pain: 342 reports
- Rashes (redness): 326 reports
- Itching: 245 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 237 reports
- Pneumonia: 234 reports
- Pain: 232 reports
- Diarrhea: 205 reports
Browse all side effects of Tremfya:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Systemic lupus erythematosus treatments and more:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (62,017 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Humira: 12,436 reports
- Prednisone: 9,611 reports
- Methotrexate: 9,255 reports
- Remicade: 8,872 reports
- Enbrel: 8,359 reports
- Orencia: 7,533 reports
- Cimzia: 7,105 reports
- Arava: 7,038 reports
- Actemra: 6,809 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 6,540 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2,309 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 10,615 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,998 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,457 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 823 reports
- High blood pressure: 742 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Systemic lupus erythematosus:
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (1,573 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on guselkumab (the active ingredients of Tremfya) and Tremfya (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zofran and Fosinopril Sodium drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Oxycodone and Neurogenic Bowel - 28 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Rectal Tenesmus - 30 seconds ago
- Abacavir and Parkinsonian Gait - 32 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Axonal Neuropathy - 45 seconds ago
- Anastrozole and Hypotension - 59 seconds ago
- Secretion Discharge and drugs of ingredients of denosumab - a minute ago
- Enbrel and Urine Odor Abnormal - a minute ago
- Metastases To Spine and Decreased Interest - a minute ago
- Vitamin D3 and Felbatol drug interaction - a minute ago