Triamcinolone acetonide and Hypertrichosis - from FDA reports
Hypertrichosis is found among people who take Triamcinolone acetonide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Crestor, and have Dermatitis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,405 people who have side effects when taking Triamcinolone acetonide from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
5,405 people reported to have side effects when taking Triamcinolone acetonide.
Among them, 6 people (0.11%) have Hypertrichosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Triamcinolone acetonide when people have Hypertrichosis *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypertrichosis when taking Triamcinolone acetonide *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hypertrichosis when taking Triamcinolone acetonide *:
- 0-1: 16.67 %
- 2-9: 16.67 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Skin Disorder (skin disease): 1 person, 16.67%
- Keloids (overgrown scars left from skin injuries): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 16.67%
- Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin resulting from direct irritation by an external agent or an allergic reaction to it): 1 person, 16.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pantoprazole Sodium: 2 people, 33.33%
- Crestor: 2 people, 33.33%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 16.67%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 3 people, 50.00%
- Hair Loss: 3 people, 50.00%
- Abdominal Distension: 2 people, 33.33%
- Cushingoid (obesity and weakening of the muscles): 2 people, 33.33%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypertrichosis while taking Triamcinolone acetonide?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hypertrichosis
- Subscribe to monitor Hypertrichosis in Triamcinolone acetonide
You are not alone:
Triamcinolone acetonide has active ingredients of triamcinolone acetonide. It is often used in eczema. (latest outcomes from Triamcinolone acetonide 5,510 users)
Hypertrichosis (hair growth on the body in an amount considered abnormal) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, hair loss, depression, epilepsy (latest reports from 3,310 Hypertrichosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with HypertrichosisHypertrichosis (810 drugs)
Could your condition cause HypertrichosisHypertrichosis (594 conditions)
Triamcinolone acetonide side effects
- Triamcinolone acetonide side effects (5,409 reports)
Browse all side effects of Triamcinolone acetonidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Vasovagal with Lanirapid? - a second ago
- Will you have Syncope with Lanirapid? - a second ago
- Will you have Passed Out with Lanirapid? - a second ago
- Will you have Depression Postmenopausal with Lexapro? - a second ago
- Will you have Lightheadedness - Fainting with Lanirapid? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin - 3 minutes ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Metformin - 12 minutes ago
- Prediction of Losartan, Januvia, Metformin for a 62 year old woman - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Sildenafil Citrate, Oxycodone - an hour ago
- Prediction of Cialis for a 62 year old man - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.