Trimethoprim and Insomnia - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people who take Trimethoprim, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Trimethoprim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,490 people who have side effects when taking Trimethoprim from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
4,490 people reported to have side effects when taking Trimethoprim.
Among them, 129 people (2.87%) have Insomnia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Trimethoprim when people have Insomnia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Trimethoprim *:
- female: 64.23 %
- male: 35.77 %
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Trimethoprim *:
- 0-1: 1.9 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.57 %
- 30-39: 12.38 %
- 40-49: 40.0 %
- 50-59: 20.0 %
- 60+: 17.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (20 people, 15.50%)
- Stress And Anxiety (12 people, 9.30%)
- Pain (12 people, 9.30%)
- Prostatitis (11 people, 8.53%)
- Bladder Pain (11 people, 8.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (39 people, 30.23%)
- Ibuprofen (38 people, 29.46%)
- Amoxicillin (29 people, 22.48%)
- Aredia (27 people, 20.93%)
- Dilaudid (25 people, 19.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (74 people, 57.36%)
- Pain (67 people, 51.94%)
- Depression (65 people, 50.39%)
- Joint Pain (59 people, 45.74%)
- Stress And Anxiety (58 people, 44.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Insomnia when taking Trimethoprim?
- Check symptoms - is insomnia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsInsomnia and drugs with ingredients of trimethoprim.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia and Trimethoprim from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Trimethoprim has active ingredients of trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Trimethoprim 4,779 users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 230,080 Insomnia patients).
Browse all side effects of Trimethoprima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with InsomniaInsomnia
Could your condition cause InsomniaInsomnia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Restani P, Di Lorenzo C, Garcia-Alvarez A, Badea M, Ceschi A, Egan B, Dima L, Lüde S, Maggi FM, Marculescu A, Milà-Villarroel R, "Adverse effects of plant food supplements self-reported by consumers in the PlantLIBRA survey involving six European countries", PloS one, 2016 Feb .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Started taking 375mg of bacopa in AM two days ago. More mental clarity and focus, but am having insomnia -- last night no sleep. Insomnia is very unusual for me as I never have trouble sleeping. I am wondering if this will stop as my system gets used to this supplement.
User posts to the study
Suffering from seemingly chronic and extreme insomnia since Feb, 2017. Sleep deprivation started while I was on Risperal 2 mg. I didn’t sleep a single night for about THREE months straight (I know it’s unheard of and thought to be impossible but I’m the living proof) until I slept for about two ...
Hello I just had my 2nd infusion of Rituxan and can not sleep. I think I had 3 hours sleep. What are some ideas to help.. I do not want to be taken my zolpidem (Ambien) every night... Any suggestions.. Thank you
I started taking HCTZ about 2 weeks ago and just a few days ago started having difficulty falling asleep. I can’t sleep at all. It is like my body doesn’t acknowledge the sleep mode anymore. I was on OTC cough meds over the weekend and the Dr asked that I discontinue the cough meds. I did this ...