Truvada and Iron deficiency anaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Iron deficiency anaemia is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Truvada and have Iron deficiency anaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 65,519 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
65,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 27 people (0.04%) have Iron deficiency anaemia.
What is Truvada?
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 66,168 Truvada users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Iron deficiency anaemia?
Iron deficiency anaemia is found to be associated with 1,777 drugs and 1,060 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Truvada and Iron deficiency anaemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- < 1 month: 36.36 %
- 1 - 6 months: 54.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Truvada *:
- female: 57.69 %
- male: 42.31 %
Age of people who have Iron deficiency anaemia when taking Truvada *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 12.5 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 20.83 %
- 50-59: 45.83 %
- 60+: 4.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Truvada *:
- Zyprexa: 10 people, 37.04%
- Synthroid: 10 people, 37.04%
- Lasix: 10 people, 37.04%
- Lotrel: 10 people, 37.04%
- Zometa: 10 people, 37.04%
- Norvir: 10 people, 37.04%
- Diovan: 10 people, 37.04%
- Omeprazole: 10 people, 37.04%
- Oxycontin: 10 people, 37.04%
- Paxil: 10 people, 37.04%
Common side effects people have besides Iron deficiency anaemia *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 12 people, 44.44%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 12 people, 44.44%
- Headache (pain in head): 12 people, 44.44%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 11 people, 40.74%
- Rashes (redness): 11 people, 40.74%
- Depression: 11 people, 40.74%
- Chest Pain: 11 people, 40.74%
- Stress And Anxiety: 11 people, 40.74%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 11 people, 40.74%
- High Blood Pressure: 10 people, 37.04%
Common conditions people have *:
- Heart Disease: 3 people, 11.11%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 7.41%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 3.70%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 3.70%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (fungal infection of the lungs): 1 person, 3.70%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 3.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 3.70%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 3.70%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 1 person, 3.70%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Truvada and have Iron deficiency anaemia?Check whether Iron deficiency anaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Iron deficiency anaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate:
- Iron deficiency anaemia and drugs with ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (44 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Truvada:
- Truvada (66,168 reports)
Common Truvada side effects:
Browse all side effects of Truvada:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Iron deficiency anaemia treatments and more:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (19,101 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Iron deficiency anaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
All the drugs that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (1,777 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
All the conditions that are associated with Iron deficiency anaemia:
- Iron deficiency anaemia (1,060 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (the active ingredients of Truvada) and Truvada (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ambien vs. Tizanidine Hydrochloride - 10 seconds ago
- Obstruction and moderna covid vaccine - 14 seconds ago
- Tylenol W/ Codeine and Eczema Eyelids - 23 seconds ago
- Clotrimazole and Blood Urea Nitrogen/Creatinine Ratio Increased - 40 seconds ago
- Prilosec Otc and Feeding Disorder - 42 seconds ago
- Allopurinol and Ear Canal Stenosis - 43 seconds ago
- Metformin and Labile Hypertension - 55 seconds ago
- Actos and Skin Discoloration - a minute ago
- Voltaren and Quetiapine Fumarate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lenvima and Loraz drug interaction - a minute ago