Truvada and Lip swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lip swelling is found among people who take Truvada, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Truvada and have Lip swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 72,390 people who have side effects when taking Truvada from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
72,390 people reported to have side effects when taking Truvada.
Among them, 34 people (0.05%) have Lip swelling.
What is Truvada?
Truvada has active ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 73,078 Truvada users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lip swelling?
Lip swelling is found to be associated with 2,306 drugs and 1,539 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Truvada and Lip swelling reports submitted per year:
Time on Truvada when people have Lip swelling *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lip swelling when taking Truvada *:
- female: 61.76 %
- male: 38.24 %
Age of people who have Lip swelling when taking Truvada *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.41 %
- 30-39: 40.74 %
- 40-49: 37.04 %
- 50-59: 14.81 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Truvada *:
- Norvir: 10 people, 29.41%
- Loratadine: 5 people, 14.71%
- Darunavir: 5 people, 14.71%
- Reyataz: 5 people, 14.71%
- Isentress: 4 people, 11.76%
- Ritonavir: 4 people, 11.76%
- Kaletra: 4 people, 11.76%
- Edurant: 3 people, 8.82%
- Dexamethasone: 2 people, 5.88%
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus: 2 people, 5.88%
Common side effects people have besides Lip swelling *:
- Rashes (redness): 14 people, 41.18%
- Hypersensitivity: 7 people, 20.59%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 6 people, 17.65%
- Itching: 5 people, 14.71%
- Rash Maculo-Papular (red area on the skin that is covered with small confluent bumps): 5 people, 14.71%
- Swelling Face: 5 people, 14.71%
- Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue): 4 people, 11.76%
- Mouth Ulcers: 4 people, 11.76%
- Tongue Ulceration (ulcers on tongue): 4 people, 11.76%
- Oral Pain: 3 people, 8.82%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Test Positive: 3 people, 8.82%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 8.82%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 5.88%
- Hepatitis C: 2 people, 5.88%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 2 people, 5.88%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 2 people, 5.88%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 5.88%
- Mouth Ulcers: 2 people, 5.88%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 2 people, 5.88%
- Pain: 2 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Truvada and have Lip swelling?Check whether Lip swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Lip swelling and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate:
- Lip swelling and drugs with ingredients of emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (33 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Truvada:
- Truvada (73,078 reports)
Common Truvada side effects:
- Bone density decreased: 25,680 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 15,734 reports
- Aseptic necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 13,957 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 13,127 reports
- Pain: 11,221 reports
Browse all side effects of Truvada:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lip swelling treatments and more:
- Lip swelling (31,736 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lip swelling:
- Lip swelling in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lip swelling in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lip swelling in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lip swelling:
- Lisinopril: 1,658 reports
- Aspirin: 1,297 reports
- Prednisone: 1,236 reports
- Amlodipine: 952 reports
- Omeprazole: 943 reports
- Ibu: 860 reports
- Ibuprofen: 859 reports
- Profen: 859 reports
- Metformin: 852 reports
- Humira: 791 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Lip swelling:
- Lip swelling (2,306 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lip swelling:
- High blood pressure: 2,242 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,040 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 777 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 751 reports
- Pain: 740 reports
- Asthma: 639 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Lip swelling:
- Lip swelling (1,539 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on emtricitabine; tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (the active ingredients of Truvada) and Truvada (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lupkynis and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - now
- Tecfidera vs. Rituxan - 8 seconds ago
- Ritalin and Irbesartan drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Temozolomide and Glioblastoma Multiforme - 25 seconds ago
- Terbinafine Hydrochloride and Visual Impairment - 27 seconds ago
- Methylphenidate and Chronic Kidney Disease - 34 seconds ago
- Tamoxifen Citrate and Mood Swings - 37 seconds ago
- Novolin N and Impaired Gastric Emptying - 40 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Eyelids Pruritus - 41 seconds ago
- Nph Purified Pork Isophane Insulin and Fatigue Aggravated - 57 seconds ago