Tykerb and Therapeutic agent toxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Therapeutic agent toxicity is reported only by a few people who take Tykerb.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tykerb and have Therapeutic agent toxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,953 people who have side effects while taking Tykerb from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Tykerb.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Therapeutic agent toxicity.
What is Tykerb?
Tykerb has active ingredients of lapatinib ditosylate. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 11,998 Tykerb users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Therapeutic agent toxicity?
Therapeutic agent toxicity (poisoning by ability to cure substance) is found to be associated with 1,296 drugs and 645 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tykerb and Therapeutic agent toxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Therapeutic agent toxicity when taking Tykerb *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Therapeutic agent toxicity when taking Tykerb *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Tykerb *:
- Xeloda: 2 people, 100.00%
- Atenolol: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 50.00%
- Potassium Chloride: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Therapeutic agent toxicity *:
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of mouth): 2 people, 100.00%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 100.00%
- Infection: 2 people, 100.00%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 100.00%
- Catheter Related Complication: 2 people, 100.00%
- Cardiac Arrest: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tykerb and have Therapeutic agent toxicity?Check whether Therapeutic agent toxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Therapeutic agent toxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of lapatinib ditosylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tykerb:
- Tykerb (11,998 reports)
Common Tykerb side effects:
- Diarrhea: 3,891 reports
- Death: 1,449 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,378 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,180 reports
- Indigestion: 909 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 521 reports
Browse all side effects of Tykerb:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Therapeutic agent toxicity treatments and more:
- Therapeutic agent toxicity (5,348 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Therapeutic agent toxicity:
- Therapeutic agent toxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Therapeutic agent toxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Therapeutic agent toxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Therapeutic agent toxicity:
- Digoxin: 1,941 reports
- Aspirin: 693 reports
- Lasix: 581 reports
- Lithium carbonate: 565 reports
- Furosemide: 493 reports
- Coumadin: 402 reports
- Lisinopril: 382 reports
- Coreg: 311 reports
- Spironolactone: 290 reports
- Warfarin sodium: 272 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Therapeutic agent toxicity:
- Therapeutic agent toxicity (1,296 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Therapeutic agent toxicity:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 415 reports
- Bipolar disorder: 284 reports
- High blood pressure: 216 reports
- Depression: 133 reports
- Pain: 126 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Therapeutic agent toxicity:
- Therapeutic agent toxicity (645 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on lapatinib ditosylate (the active ingredients of Tykerb) and Tykerb (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluticasone Propionate and Low Density Lipoprotein Increased - now
- Zoledronic Acid and Ulcerative Colitis - 5 seconds ago
- Vitamin E and Muscle Aches - 6 seconds ago
- Xopenex Hfa and Ketotifen Fumarate drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Vitamin E and Pneumonia - 20 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Valsartan drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Formoterol Fumarate and Alveolar Osteitis - 28 seconds ago
- Etravirine and Hilar Lymphadenopathy - 28 seconds ago
- Aristocort and Eyes - Bulging - 34 seconds ago
- Monopril and Darvocet drug interaction - 36 seconds ago