Tysabri and Adrenal disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Adrenal disorder is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tysabri and have Adrenal disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 204,501 people who have side effects when taking Tysabri from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
204,501 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri.
Among them, 31 people (0.02%) have Adrenal disorder.
What is Tysabri?
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 204,991 Tysabri users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Adrenal disorder?
Adrenal disorder is found to be associated with 738 drugs and 407 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tysabri and Adrenal disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Tysabri when people have Adrenal disorder *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 63.64 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.18 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Adrenal disorder when taking Tysabri *:
- female: 96.77 %
- male: 3.23 %
Age of people who have Adrenal disorder when taking Tysabri *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.45 %
- 30-39: 25.81 %
- 40-49: 32.26 %
- 50-59: 32.26 %
- 60+: 3.23 %
Common drugs people take besides Tysabri *:
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 12.90%
- Buspirone Hcl: 3 people, 9.68%
- Cortisone Acetate: 3 people, 9.68%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 6.45%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 6.45%
- Decadron: 1 person, 3.23%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 1 person, 3.23%
- Humira: 1 person, 3.23%
- Glipizide: 1 person, 3.23%
- Doxycycline Hyclate: 1 person, 3.23%
Common side effects people have besides Adrenal disorder *:
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 11 people, 35.48%
- Pain: 7 people, 22.58%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 7 people, 22.58%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 6 people, 19.35%
- Chills (felling of cold): 5 people, 16.13%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 5 people, 16.13%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 16.13%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 12.90%
- Pain In Extremity: 4 people, 12.90%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 12.90%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 3 people, 9.68%
- Addison's Disease (addison's disease, a hormonal disorder disease): 3 people, 9.68%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 6.45%
- Adrenal Insufficiency (condition in which the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroids): 2 people, 6.45%
- Weakness: 1 person, 3.23%
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency: 1 person, 3.23%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 3.23%
- Musculoskeletal Pain (pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves): 1 person, 3.23%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 3.23%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 1 person, 3.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tysabri and have Adrenal disorder?Check whether Adrenal disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tysabri:
- Tysabri (204,991 reports)
Adrenal disorder treatments and more:
- Adrenal disorder (2,199 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Adrenal disorder:
- Adrenal disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Adrenal disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Adrenal disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Adrenal disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of natalizumab:
Common drugs associated with Adrenal disorder:
All the drugs that are associated with Adrenal disorder:
- Adrenal disorder (738 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Adrenal disorder:
- Adrenal disorder (407 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on natalizumab (the active ingredients of Tysabri) and Tysabri (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Irbesartan and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation - 2 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Tridil drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Breast Cancer Metastatic and Endophthalmitis - 12 seconds ago
- Pain and Withdrawal Syndrome - 15 seconds ago
- Naprosyn and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) - 17 seconds ago