Who have Colitis ischaemic with Tysabri - from FDA reports
Colitis ischaemic is found among people who take Tysabri, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Atenolol, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 181,568 people who have side effects when taking Tysabri from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
181,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Tysabri.
Among them, 23 people (0.01%) have Colitis ischaemic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tysabri when people have Colitis ischaemic *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Colitis ischaemic when taking Tysabri *:
- female: 78.26 %
- male: 21.74 %
Age of people who have Colitis ischaemic when taking Tysabri *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 60 %
- 60+: 5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 13.04%
- Preventive Health Care: 2 people, 8.70%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 2 people, 8.70%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 1 person, 4.35%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 4.35%
- Neurogenic Bladder (the normal function of the bladder is to store and empty urine in a coordinated, controlled fashion): 1 person, 4.35%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 1 person, 4.35%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 4.35%
- Hemiparesis (weakness on one side of the body): 1 person, 4.35%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 4.35%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Atenolol: 4 people, 17.39%
- Avonex: 3 people, 13.04%
- Lasix: 3 people, 13.04%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 13.04%
- Toviaz: 2 people, 8.70%
- Bortezomib: 1 person, 4.35%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 4.35%
- Co-Codamol: 1 person, 4.35%
- Carboplatin: 1 person, 4.35%
- Calcium: 1 person, 4.35%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chills (felling of cold): 5 people, 21.74%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 17.39%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 4 people, 17.39%
- Infection: 3 people, 13.04%
- Abdominal Pain: 3 people, 13.04%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 3 people, 13.04%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 8.70%
- Enterocolitis Infectious: 2 people, 8.70%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 8.70%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 8.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Colitis ischaemic while taking Tysabri?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Colitis ischaemic
- Subscribe to monitor Colitis ischaemic in Tysabri
You are not alone:
Tysabri has active ingredients of natalizumab. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Tysabri 182,004 users)
Colitis ischaemic (due to infection of intestine impaired blood supply to colon) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 6,230 Colitis ischaemic patients).
Drugs that are associated with Colitis ischaemicColitis ischaemic (1,120 drugs)
Could your condition cause Colitis ischaemicColitis ischaemic (694 conditions)
Tysabri side effects
- Tysabri side effects (181,611 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Tysabria b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Tan J, Pretorius CF, Flanagan PV, Pais A, "Adverse drug reaction: rosuvastatin as a cause for ischaemic colitis in a 64-year-old woman", BMJ case reports, 2012 Jun .
- Tan J, Pretorius CF, Flanagan PV, Pais A, "Unexpected outcome (positive or negative) including adverse drug reactions: Adverse drug reaction: rosuvastatin as a cause for ischaemic colitis in a 64-year-old woman", BMJ Case Reports, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Skin Rash with Azor? - now
- Metformin and Makena drug interaction - now
- Will you have Skin Lesion with Azor? - now
- Will you have Rubor with Azor? - a second ago
- Glucosamine and Cade Stem drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Rash Generalised with Azor? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Erythema with Azor? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Rash with Azor? - 2 seconds ago
- Diovan and Cade Leaf drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Mefenamic Acid and Xenon Xe 133 drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Enbrel - 29 minutes ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Lyrica - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Tylenol, Azithromycin - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Levonorgestrel;ethinyl;estradiol;ethinyl;estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Desogestrel; Ethinylestradiol; Ethinyl Estradiol for a 26 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- Prediction of Crestor for a 70 year old man - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Vivitrol - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Losartan Potassium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Glimepiride, Tramadol - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.