Ultram and Taste disturbance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste disturbance is found among people who take Ultram, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ultram and have Taste disturbance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,693 people who have side effects when taking Ultram from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Ultram.
Among them, 16 people (0.06%) have Taste disturbance.
What is Ultram?
Ultram has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 27,243 Ultram users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste disturbance?
Taste disturbance is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 2 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ultram and Taste disturbance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Ultram *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Ultram *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.69 %
- 40-49: 38.46 %
- 50-59: 15.38 %
- 60+: 38.46 %
Common drugs people take besides Ultram *:
- Coumadin: 3 people, 18.75%
- Prandin: 2 people, 12.50%
- Biaxin: 2 people, 12.50%
- Diabeta: 2 people, 12.50%
- Lopressor: 2 people, 12.50%
- Cardizem: 2 people, 12.50%
- Calan: 2 people, 12.50%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 12.50%
- Premarin: 2 people, 12.50%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Taste disturbance *:
- Dry Mouth: 3 people, 18.75%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 18.75%
- Weakness: 2 people, 12.50%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 2 people, 12.50%
- Colonic Polyp (extra part of colon tissue grow in intestine): 2 people, 12.50%
- Cyanosis Peripheral (blue tint in fingers or extremities, due to inadequate circulation): 2 people, 12.50%
- Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased: 2 people, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 12.50%
- Gingival Bleeding (bleeding gums): 2 people, 12.50%
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (a condition in which the heart muscle becomes abnormally thick): 2 people, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ultram and have Taste disturbance?Check whether Taste disturbance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mansour HM, "Tramadol and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy: A Case Report", Medicine Science, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Taste disturbance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ultram:
- Ultram (27,243 reports)
Common Ultram side effects:
- Pain: 2,373 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,096 reports
- Weakness: 1,701 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,674 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,612 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,603 reports
- Dizziness: 1,590 reports
Browse all side effects of Ultram:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste disturbance treatments and more:
- Taste disturbance (4,340 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste disturbance:
- Biaxin: 334 reports
- Prilosec: 234 reports
- Premarin: 155 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
- Lamisil: 126 reports
- Zithromax: 123 reports
- Norvasc: 113 reports
- Prednisone: 111 reports
- Fosamax: 108 reports
- Prevacid: 105 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (1,001 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (2 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tramadol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ultram) and Ultram (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Quinapril and Lorazepam drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Lipidil vs. Diovan Hct - 36 seconds ago
- Prozac and Peg-Intron drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Zerit and Hyperthyroidism - a minute ago
- Ranitidine and Decadron drug interaction - a minute ago
- Dificid and Fever - a minute ago
- Zoloft and Blunted Affect - a minute ago
- Tachyphylaxis and drugs of ingredients of pregabalin - a minute ago
- Dilantin and Hypothermia - a minute ago
- Synthroid and Drug Abuse And Dependence - 2 minutes ago