Ultram and Unintended pregnancy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Unintended pregnancy is reported only by a few people who take Ultram.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ultram and have Unintended pregnancy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,693 people who have side effects while taking Ultram from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
25,693 people reported to have side effects when taking Ultram.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Unintended pregnancy.
What is Ultram?
Ultram has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 27,231 Ultram users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Unintended pregnancy?
Unintended pregnancy (unwanted pregnancies as well as those that are mistimed) is found to be associated with 699 drugs and 361 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ultram and Unintended pregnancy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Ultram *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Unintended pregnancy when taking Ultram *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 100 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ultram *:
- Prozac: 1 person, 50.00%
- Ortho Cyclen-21: 1 person, 50.00%
- Librium: 1 person, 50.00%
- Inderal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dilantin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depo-Provera: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Unintended pregnancy *:
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vaginal Bleeding: 1 person, 50.00%
- Abortion Spontaneous Incomplete (an incomplete spontaneous abortion means that some of the pregnancy tissue has passed out of the uterus, but some of the tissue has remained inside of the uterus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 50.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Complications Of Maternal Exposure To Therapeutic Drugs: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Birth Control: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ultram and have Unintended pregnancy?Check whether Unintended pregnancy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mansour HM, "Tramadol and Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy: A Case Report", Medicine Science, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Unintended pregnancy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ultram:
- Ultram (27,231 reports)
Common Ultram side effects:
- Pain: 2,373 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,096 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,792 reports
- Weakness: 1,701 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,674 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,612 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,603 reports
Browse all side effects of Ultram:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Unintended pregnancy treatments and more:
- Unintended pregnancy (13,385 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Unintended pregnancy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Claravis: 3,255 reports
- Nexplanon: 2,367 reports
- Provera: 1,185 reports
- Ortho evra: 1,184 reports
- Depo-provera: 1,154 reports
- Nuvaring: 1,116 reports
- Implanon: 1,003 reports
- Norplant: 387 reports
- Ovral: 259 reports
- Lo/ovral: 253 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (699 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Unintended pregnancy:
All the conditions that are associated with Unintended pregnancy:
- Unintended pregnancy (361 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tramadol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Ultram) and Ultram (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Arthrotec and Pepcid drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Pravastatin Sodium and Neck Pain - 22 seconds ago
- Sonata vs. Tizanidine Hydrochloride - 23 seconds ago
- Micardis Hct vs. Ibuprofen - 29 seconds ago
- Zolmitriptan and Drug Abuse And Dependence - 30 seconds ago
- Advil and Alpha 1 Globulin Increased - 33 seconds ago
- Trilipix and Swelling - 35 seconds ago
- Headache and Hyperkalemia - 37 seconds ago
- Ginkgo Biloba and Neuralgia - 38 seconds ago
- Aredia and Renal Cell Carcinoma - 39 seconds ago