Ultravist 300 and Taste disturbance - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste disturbance is reported only by a few people who take Ultravist 300.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ultravist 300 and have Taste disturbance. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,780 people who have side effects while taking Ultravist 300 from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,780 people reported to have side effects when taking Ultravist 300.
Among them, 2 people (0.07%) have Taste disturbance.
What is Ultravist 300?
Ultravist 300 has active ingredients of iopromide. eHealthMe is studying from 2,781 Ultravist 300 users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste disturbance?
Taste disturbance is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 2 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ultravist 300 and Taste disturbance reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Ultravist 300 *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Taste disturbance when taking Ultravist 300 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common side effects people have besides Taste disturbance *:
- Vasodilatation (widening of blood vessels resulting from relaxation of smooth muscle cells within the vessel walls): 1 person, 50.00%
- Throat Oedema (swelling of throat): 1 person, 50.00%
- Sedation: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- Laryngeal Oedema (swelling of larynx): 1 person, 50.00%
- Feeling Hot: 1 person, 50.00%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 1 person, 50.00%
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ultravist 300 and have Taste disturbance?Check whether Taste disturbance is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Taste disturbance and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of iopromide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ultravist 300:
- Ultravist 300 (2,781 reports)
Common Ultravist 300 side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 390 reports
- Itching: 366 reports
- Rashes (redness): 285 reports
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 244 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 235 reports
- Sneezing: 228 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 180 reports
- Chest pain: 162 reports
Browse all side effects of Ultravist 300:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste disturbance treatments and more:
- Taste disturbance (4,340 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste disturbance in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste disturbance:
- Biaxin: 334 reports
- Prilosec: 234 reports
- Premarin: 155 reports
- Synthroid: 140 reports
- Lamisil: 126 reports
- Zithromax: 123 reports
- Norvasc: 113 reports
- Prednisone: 111 reports
- Fosamax: 108 reports
- Prevacid: 105 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (1,001 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Taste disturbance:
- Taste disturbance (2 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on iopromide (the active ingredients of Ultravist 300) and Ultravist 300 (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pancytopenia and drugs of ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride - now
- Nicoderm Cq and Osteoporotic Fracture - 8 seconds ago
- Diazepam and Photophobia - 42 seconds ago
- Hair Loss in Testoderm, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Velcade and Blood Bilirubin Decreased - a minute ago
- Plavix and Lovaza drug interaction - a minute ago
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) and Antibody Test Positive - 2 minutes ago
- Effexor Xr and Meningioma - 2 minutes ago
- Dapsone and Large Intestinal Ulcer - 2 minutes ago
- Meropenem and Robinul drug interaction - 3 minutes ago