Uniphyl and Chronic kidney disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chronic kidney disease is found among people who take Uniphyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Uniphyl and have Chronic kidney disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,850 people who have side effects when taking Uniphyl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,850 people reported to have side effects when taking Uniphyl.
Among them, 39 people (1.37%) have Chronic kidney disease.
What is Uniphyl?
Uniphyl has active ingredients of theophylline. eHealthMe is studying from 2,865 Uniphyl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chronic kidney disease?
Chronic kidney disease is found to be associated with 2,426 drugs and 1,196 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Uniphyl and Chronic kidney disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Uniphyl when people have Chronic kidney disease *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Uniphyl *:
- female: 92.31 %
- male: 7.69 %
Age of people who have Chronic kidney disease when taking Uniphyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 94.12 %
Common drugs people take besides Uniphyl *:
- Alvesco: 31 people, 79.49%
- Spiriva Respimat: 19 people, 48.72%
- Advair Hfa: 16 people, 41.03%
- Singulair: 15 people, 38.46%
- Ventolin: 14 people, 35.90%
- Cardizem Cd: 14 people, 35.90%
- Carbachol: 14 people, 35.90%
- Eliquis: 12 people, 30.77%
- Pantoprazole: 9 people, 23.08%
- Actonel: 8 people, 20.51%
Common side effects people have besides Chronic kidney disease *:
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 31 people, 79.49%
- Drug Ineffective: 30 people, 76.92%
- Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other): 17 people, 43.59%
- Diabetes: 17 people, 43.59%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 17 people, 43.59%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 17 people, 43.59%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 17 people, 43.59%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 43.59%
- Chest Pain: 17 people, 43.59%
- Kidney Stones: 17 people, 43.59%
Common conditions people have *:
- Asthma: 17 people, 43.59%
- Sense Of Oppression (sense of heavy burden): 6 people, 15.38%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 15.38%
- Infection: 3 people, 7.69%
- Pain: 2 people, 5.13%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 5.13%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 5.13%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 2 people, 5.13%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 2.56%
- Renal Disorder (kidney disease): 1 person, 2.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Uniphyl and have Chronic kidney disease?Check whether Chronic kidney disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Aalaei-Andabili, S. H., Umer, M., & Keeley, E. C., "An Adult Woman With Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease and a Diffuse Rash", JAMA cardiology, 2019 Jan .
- Korang-Yeboah M, Rahman Z, Shah D, Mohammad A, Wu S, Siddiqui A, Khan MA, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International journal of pharmaceutics, 2016 Feb .
- Dhaval MK, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Chronic kidney disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of theophylline:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Uniphyl:
- Uniphyl (2,865 reports)
Common Uniphyl side effects:
- Asthma: 962 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 761 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 538 reports
- Cough: 528 reports
- Pneumonia: 434 reports
- High blood pressure: 359 reports
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 354 reports
Browse all side effects of Uniphyl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chronic kidney disease treatments and more:
- Chronic kidney disease (132,067 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chronic kidney disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Nexium: 60,817 reports
- Prevacid: 54,179 reports
- Prilosec: 50,470 reports
- Protonix: 41,674 reports
- Nexium 24hr: 32,372 reports
- Prilosec otc: 28,446 reports
- Dexilant: 26,802 reports
- Prevacid 24 hr: 25,131 reports
- Omeprazole: 19,690 reports
- Truvada: 15,734 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (2,426 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 33,556 reports
- Hiv infection: 19,390 reports
- Pain: 12,003 reports
- High blood pressure: 11,782 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 9,323 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chronic kidney disease:
- Chronic kidney disease (1,196 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on theophylline (the active ingredients of Uniphyl) and Uniphyl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Axiron and Erection Problems - 6 seconds ago
- Klor-Con and Rash Macular - 12 seconds ago
- Azithromycin and Hiatal Hernia - 15 seconds ago
- Intervertebral Disc Disorder and Taste - Impaired - 36 seconds ago
- Aldactone and Appetite - Decreased - 52 seconds ago
- Aldactone and Appetite Decreased - 52 seconds ago
- Vicodin and Haemorrhage Coronary Artery - a minute ago
- Cardizem and Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased - 2 minutes ago
- Cyclosporine and Nausea And Vomiting - 2 minutes ago
- Hodgkin'S Lymphoma and Febrile Infection - 2 minutes ago