Urocit-k and Metallic taste - from FDA reports
Metallic taste is reported only by a few people who take Urocit-K. We study 422 people who have side effects while taking Urocit-k from FDA. Among them, 3 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 14, 2017
422 people reported to have side effects when taking Urocit-k.
Among them, 3 people (0.71%) have Metallic taste
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Urocit-k *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Urocit-k *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (1 person, 33.33%)
- Insomnia (1 person, 33.33%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1 person, 33.33%)
- Arthritis (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lunesta (1 person, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (1 person, 33.33%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1 person, 33.33%)
- Chantix (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tongue Discoloration (1 person, 33.33%)
- Middle Insomnia (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Metallic taste when taking Urocit-k?
- Check symptoms - is metallic taste caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMetallic taste and drugs with ingredients of potassium citrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMetallic taste and Urocit-k from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Urocit-k has active ingredients of potassium citrate. It is often used in kidney stones. (latest outcomes from Urocit-k 467 users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, hepatitis c, high blood pressure (latest reports from 45,066 Metallic taste patients).
Browse all side effects of Urocit-ka b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Metallic tasteMetallic taste
Could your condition cause Metallic tasteMetallic taste
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I just started using Anoro this morning. It had a very unpleasant taste, immediately on inhaling. I used Breo prior to this, and no comparison. It had a sweet after taste, but Anoro was bitter and quite revolting. Not sure I wanted to use it to begin with. Had to stop the Breo due to side ...
I have taken Trulicity before and it did a good job lowering my glucose and my A1C. When I got diagnosed with Diabetes, my A1C was 7.0 and I managed to get it down to 5.3. After coming off of it for several months, it went back up to 5.7 and my doctor decided to put me back on it AGAIN. I am ...