Valcyte and Vena cava injury - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Vena cava injury is found among people who take Valcyte, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Valcyte and have Vena cava injury. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,910 people who have side effects when taking Valcyte from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,910 people reported to have side effects when taking Valcyte.
Among them, 16 people (0.27%) have Vena cava injury.
What is Valcyte?
Valcyte has active ingredients of valganciclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in cmv - immunocompromised host. eHealthMe is studying from 5,946 Valcyte users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Vena cava injury?
Vena cava injury is found to be associated with 134 drugs and 68 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Valcyte and Vena cava injury reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Vena cava injury when taking Valcyte *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Vena cava injury when taking Valcyte *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Valcyte *:
- Candesartan Cilexetil: 16 people, 100.00%
- Amphotericin B: 15 people, 93.75%
- Aranesp: 15 people, 93.75%
- Tacrolimus: 15 people, 93.75%
- Sodium Bicarbonate: 15 people, 93.75%
- Prograf: 15 people, 93.75%
- Carvedilol: 15 people, 93.75%
- Myfortic: 15 people, 93.75%
- Torsemide: 15 people, 93.75%
- Hygroton: 15 people, 93.75%
Common side effects people have besides Vena cava injury *:
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 16 people, 100.00%
- Presyncope: 16 people, 100.00%
- Enlarged Prostate: 16 people, 100.00%
- Haemorrhoids (a swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus): 16 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 16 people, 100.00%
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver): 16 people, 100.00%
- Carotid Arteriosclerosis (plaque deposition in artery): 16 people, 100.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 16 people, 100.00%
- Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm (tumour (neoplasm) that grows within the pancreatic ducts): 16 people, 100.00%
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (the thickening of the myocardium (muscle) of the left ventricle of the heart): 16 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 15 people, 93.75%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 15 people, 93.75%
- Cardiac Disorder: 15 people, 93.75%
- Prostate Infection: 14 people, 87.50%
- Abdominal Discomfort: 14 people, 87.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 25.00%
- Prostatic Disorder: 1 person, 6.25%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 6.25%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Valcyte and have Vena cava injury?Check whether Vena cava injury is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Vena cava injury and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of valganciclovir hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Valcyte:
- Valcyte (5,946 reports)
Common Valcyte side effects:
- Death: 488 reports
- Fever: 435 reports
- Diarrhea: 411 reports
- Pneumonia: 351 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 259 reports
Browse all side effects of Valcyte:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Vena cava injury treatments and more:
- Vena cava injury (136 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Vena cava injury:
- Vena cava injury in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Vena cava injury in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Vena cava injury in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Vena cava injury:
- Vena cava injury (134 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Vena cava injury:
- Vena cava injury (68 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on valganciclovir hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Valcyte) and Valcyte (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pradaxa and Lymphoma - now
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Gravol drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Sandostatin Lar and Rickets - 2 seconds ago
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride and Acute Upper Airway Obstruction - 5 seconds ago
- Asthma and drugs of ingredients of amphetamine aspartate; amphetamine sulfate; dextroamphetamine saccharate; dextroamphetamine sulfate - 6 seconds ago
- Nabumetone and Paraesthesia - 12 seconds ago
- Norgesic Forte and Clonazepam drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Symbicort vs. Advair Diskus 100/50 - 22 seconds ago
- Cymbalta and Primary Myelofibrosis - 31 seconds ago
- Cosentyx and Pneumonia Mycoplasmal - 38 seconds ago