Who have Serotonin syndrome with Valium - from FDA reports
Serotonin syndrome is found among people who take Valium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Depakote, and have Depression. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,386 people who have side effects when taking Valium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
34,386 people reported to have side effects when taking Valium.
Among them, 82 people (0.24%) have Serotonin syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valium when people have Serotonin syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 63.64 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 36.36 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Valium *:
- female: 57.5 %
- male: 42.5 %
Age of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Valium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.23 %
- 20-29: 9.86 %
- 30-39: 12.68 %
- 40-49: 23.94 %
- 50-59: 25.35 %
- 60+: 23.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 28 people, 34.15%
- Pain: 21 people, 25.61%
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 15.85%
- Procedural Pain: 9 people, 10.98%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 8 people, 9.76%
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia (neuralgia caused by the varicella zoster virus): 8 people, 9.76%
- Back Pain: 7 people, 8.54%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 8.54%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 7.32%
- Migraine (headache): 6 people, 7.32%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Depakote: 13 people, 15.85%
- Vytorin: 12 people, 14.63%
- Prozac: 12 people, 14.63%
- Wellbutrin: 12 people, 14.63%
- Zofran: 11 people, 13.41%
- Effexor Xr: 11 people, 13.41%
- Paxil: 10 people, 12.20%
- Topamax: 9 people, 10.98%
- Restasis: 9 people, 10.98%
- Baclofen: 9 people, 10.98%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased: 15 people, 18.29%
- Fever: 15 people, 18.29%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 14 people, 17.07%
- Pain: 12 people, 14.63%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 11 people, 13.41%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 11 people, 13.41%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 10 people, 12.20%
- Fall: 9 people, 10.98%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 10.98%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 9 people, 10.98%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Serotonin syndrome while taking Valium?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Serotonin syndrome
- Subscribe to monitor Serotonin syndrome in Valium
You are not alone:
Valium has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Valium 37,093 users)
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, insomnia (latest reports from 12,205 Serotonin syndrome patients).
Drugs that are associated with Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome (1,191 drugs)
Could your condition cause Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome (866 conditions)
Valium side effects
- Valium side effects (34,403 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Valiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Behnoush B, Memarian A, Teimoory M, "Naltrexone Induced Serotonin Syndrome", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Apr .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hepatojugular Reflux with Effexor? - now
- Will you have Painful Chest with Victoza? - a second ago
- Will you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure with Victoza? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Tightness with Victoza? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Discomfort with Victoza? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Pain with Victoza? - 2 seconds ago
- Midol and Diclofenac Sodium drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Dry Eyes with Buspar? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Tearing - Decreased with Buspar? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Eyes - Dry with Buspar? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 56 year old man who takes Brilinta - 11 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old man who takes Curcuminoids, Ranitidine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin) - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Prazosin Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Atorvastatin Calcium, Fluoxetine, Memantine, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Vyvanse, Spironolactone, Modafinil, Linzess, Botox, Latuda - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Lipitor, Effient, Metformin, Aspirin - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old man who takes Sensipar - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Seroquel Xr - 14 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Desvenlafaxine Succinate, Vesicare, Truvada, Methylprednisolone, Tramadol, Valacyclovir, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Provigil, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Unisom - 16 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - 16 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa - 16 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.