Valtrex and Eczema - from FDA reports
Eczema is found among people who take Valtrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Eczema with Valtrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,320 people who have side effects when taking Valtrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 01, 2017
22,320 people reported to have side effects when taking Valtrex.
Among them, 39 people (0.17%) have Eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Valtrex when people have Eczema *:
- < 1 month: 91.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Valtrex *:
- female: 82.05 %
- male: 17.95 %
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Valtrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 18.52 %
- 30-39: 7.41 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 37.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 12.82%)
- Preventive Health Care (4 people, 10.26%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 10.26%)
- Diabetes (4 people, 10.26%)
- Neuralgia (3 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (5 people, 12.82%)
- Revlimid (4 people, 10.26%)
- Norvasc (4 people, 10.26%)
- Cyanocobalamin (4 people, 10.26%)
- Amaryl (4 people, 10.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (8 people, 20.51%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 15.38%)
- Malaise (6 people, 15.38%)
- Diarrhea (6 people, 15.38%)
- Rashes (5 people, 12.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Eczema when taking Valtrex?
- Check symptoms - is eczema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEczema and drugs with ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEczema and Valtrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,985 users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma (latest reports from 14,724 Eczema patients).