Vancomycin hcl and Compression fracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Compression fracture is found among people who take Vancomycin hcl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vancomycin hcl and have Compression fracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,300 people who have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
6,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Vancomycin hcl.
Among them, 7 people (0.11%) have Compression fracture.
What is Vancomycin hcl?
Vancomycin hcl has active ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride. It is often used in clostridium difficile colitis. eHealthMe is studying from 6,404 Vancomycin hcl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Compression fracture?
Compression fracture (fracture due to pressure caused by injury) is found to be associated with 1,145 drugs and 580 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vancomycin hcl and Compression fracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Compression fracture when taking Vancomycin hcl *:
- female: 28.57 %
- male: 71.43 %
Age of people who have Compression fracture when taking Vancomycin hcl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Vancomycin hcl *:
- Zometa: 4 people, 57.14%
- Revlimid: 4 people, 57.14%
- Flagyl: 4 people, 57.14%
- Dexamethasone: 4 people, 57.14%
- Decadron: 4 people, 57.14%
- Peridex: 4 people, 57.14%
- Lasix: 4 people, 57.14%
- Dilaudid: 3 people, 42.86%
- Lidocaine: 3 people, 42.86%
- Morphine: 3 people, 42.86%
Common side effects people have besides Compression fracture *:
- Pain: 5 people, 71.43%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 5 people, 71.43%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 71.43%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 5 people, 71.43%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 5 people, 71.43%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 71.43%
- Pain In Jaw: 5 people, 71.43%
- Loose Tooth: 4 people, 57.14%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 4 people, 57.14%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 57.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 4 people, 57.14%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 28.57%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 2 people, 28.57%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 28.57%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1 person, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 14.29%
- Pain: 1 person, 14.29%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 14.29%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 14.29%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vancomycin hcl and have Compression fracture?Check whether Compression fracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vancomycin hcl:
- Vancomycin hcl (6,404 reports)
Compression fracture treatments and more:
- Compression fracture (6,333 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Compression fracture:
- Compression fracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Compression fracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Compression fracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Compression fracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of vancomycin hydrochloride:
Common drugs associated with Compression fracture:
All the drugs that are associated with Compression fracture:
- Compression fracture (1,145 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Compression fracture:
All the conditions that are associated with Compression fracture:
- Compression fracture (580 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on vancomycin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Vancomycin hcl) and Vancomycin hcl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Polymyalgia Aggravated and Heart Disease Aggravated - a second ago
- Eliquis and Fractured Sacrum - a second ago
- Vincristine Sulfate and Joint Swelling - 2 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Procardia drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Hair Growth Abnormal - 15 seconds ago