Vasotec and Primary pulmonary hypertension - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Primary pulmonary hypertension is reported only by a few people who take Vasotec.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vasotec and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,393 people who have side effects while taking Vasotec from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,393 people reported to have side effects when taking Vasotec.
Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Primary pulmonary hypertension.
What is Vasotec?
Vasotec has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 14,642 Vasotec users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Primary pulmonary hypertension?
Primary pulmonary hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart) is found to be associated with 1,215 drugs and 753 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vasotec and Primary pulmonary hypertension reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Primary pulmonary hypertension when taking Vasotec *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Primary pulmonary hypertension when taking Vasotec *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Vasotec *:
- Zometa: 1 person, 33.33%
- Zofran: 1 person, 33.33%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 33.33%
- Erythromycin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Drisdol: 1 person, 33.33%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Diazepam: 1 person, 33.33%
- Dexamethasone: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Primary pulmonary hypertension *:
- Aortic Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the aortic arteries): 2 people, 66.67%
- Rib Fracture: 2 people, 66.67%
- Mitral Valve Calcification (calcium deposit in mitral valve): 2 people, 66.67%
- Fall: 2 people, 66.67%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 66.67%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 33.33%
- Hyperparathyroidism (an abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium): 1 person, 33.33%
- Glossodynia (a burning or painful sensation in the tongue): 1 person, 33.33%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 1 person, 33.33%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 66.67%
- Right Ventricular Failure (right half of the heart fails to work): 1 person, 33.33%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 1 person, 33.33%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vasotec and have Primary pulmonary hypertension?Check whether Primary pulmonary hypertension is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Primary pulmonary hypertension and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of enalapril maleate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vasotec:
- Vasotec (14,642 reports)
Common Vasotec side effects:
Browse all side effects of Vasotec:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Primary pulmonary hypertension treatments and more:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (200,569 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Primary pulmonary hypertension in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
All the drugs that are associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (1,215 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
All the conditions that are associated with Primary pulmonary hypertension:
- Primary pulmonary hypertension (753 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on enalapril maleate (the active ingredients of Vasotec) and Vasotec (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Milk Of Magnesia and Azasite drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Celexa and Tri-Sprintec drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Colcrys and Advair Hfa drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Multiple Sclerosis and Indigestion - 34 seconds ago
- Invokana and Varicose Vein - 53 seconds ago
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease and Sepsis - 56 seconds ago
- Paraplatin and Qvar drug interaction - a minute ago
- Back Pain in Entyvio, how severe and when it was recovered? - a minute ago
- Baclofen and Zolmitriptan drug interaction - a minute ago
- Cilostazol and Clonazepam drug interaction - a minute ago