Velcade and Abdominal wall abscess - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abdominal wall abscess is found among people who take Velcade, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Velcade and have Abdominal wall abscess. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 60,058 people who have side effects when taking Velcade from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
60,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Velcade.
Among them, 11 people (0.02%) have Abdominal wall abscess.
What is Velcade?
Velcade has active ingredients of bortezomib. It is often used in multiple myeloma. eHealthMe is studying from 60,227 Velcade users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abdominal wall abscess?
Abdominal wall abscess (abdominal wall infection) is found to be associated with 674 drugs and 375 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Velcade and Abdominal wall abscess reports submitted per year:
Time on Velcade when people have Abdominal wall abscess *:
- < 1 month: 40 %
- 1 - 6 months: 60 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abdominal wall abscess when taking Velcade *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Abdominal wall abscess when taking Velcade *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Velcade *:
- Revlimid: 9 people, 81.82%
- Decadron: 9 people, 81.82%
- Empliciti: 8 people, 72.73%
- Cytoxan: 7 people, 63.64%
- Heparin: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Abdominal wall abscess *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 81.82%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 9 people, 81.82%
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 7 people, 63.64%
- Malabsorption (a state arising from abnormality in absorption of food nutrients across the gastrointestinal (gi) tract): 7 people, 63.64%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 7 people, 63.64%
- Rectal Perforation (tear or hole in rectum): 4 people, 36.36%
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs): 4 people, 36.36%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 18.18%
- Adverse Event: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Velcade and have Abdominal wall abscess?Check whether Abdominal wall abscess is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abdominal wall abscess and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bortezomib:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Velcade:
- Velcade (60,227 reports)
Common Velcade side effects:
Browse all side effects of Velcade:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abdominal wall abscess treatments and more:
- Abdominal wall abscess (730 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abdominal wall abscess:
- Abdominal wall abscess in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abdominal wall abscess in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abdominal wall abscess in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Abdominal wall abscess:
- Abdominal wall abscess (674 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abdominal wall abscess:
All the conditions that are associated with Abdominal wall abscess:
- Abdominal wall abscess (375 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bortezomib (the active ingredients of Velcade) and Velcade (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Epipen and Haemorrhoid Operation - 4 seconds ago
- Ticagrelor and Endocarditis - 5 seconds ago
- Glycolax and Monopril drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Oxazepam and Ammonia Increased - 15 seconds ago
- Sandostatin and Lipitor drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Fibula Fracture and drugs of ingredients of rivaroxaban - 21 seconds ago
- Aripiprazole and Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency - 22 seconds ago
- Nicotinic Acid and Cymbalta drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Lupus Nephritis and Renal Impairment - 57 seconds ago
- Invega vs. Doxepin Hydrochloride - 57 seconds ago