Velcade and Long qt syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 60,058 people who have side effects when taking Velcade. Long qt syndrome is found, especially among people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Dexamethasone and have Gastritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Velcade and have Long qt syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
60,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Velcade.
Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Long qt syndrome.
What is Velcade?
Velcade has active ingredients of bortezomib. It is used in multiple myeloma. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 64,157 Velcade users.
What is Long qt syndrome?
Long qt syndrome (disorder of the heart's electrical system) is found to be associated with 727 drugs and 405 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 2,773 people who have Long qt syndrome.
Number of Velcade and Long qt syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Velcade when people have Long qt syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Velcade *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Long qt syndrome when taking Velcade *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 75 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Velcade *:
- Dexamethasone: 5 people, 55.56%
- Acyclovir: 3 people, 33.33%
- Prednisolone: 3 people, 33.33%
- Pepcid: 3 people, 33.33%
- Oncovin: 3 people, 33.33%
- Granisetron Hydrochloride: 3 people, 33.33%
- Cyclophosphamide: 3 people, 33.33%
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride: 3 people, 33.33%
- Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate: 3 people, 33.33%
- Darzalex: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Long qt syndrome *:
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 4 people, 44.44%
- Torsade De Pointes (a abnormal heart rate with abnormal beating pattern): 2 people, 22.22%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 2 people, 22.22%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 2 people, 22.22%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 1 person, 11.11%
- Anorectal Abscess: 1 person, 11.11%
Common conditions people have *:
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 22.22%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 22.22%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 11.11%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 11.11%
- Depression: 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Velcade and have Long qt syndrome?Check whether Long qt syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HJ, An SH, Cho YH, Kim SY, Lee HG, Yoon SY, "Oxaliplatin-induced Torsades de pointes and long QT syndrome in a patient with gastric cancer", Acta Oncologica, 2013 Aug .
Velcade side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Velcade side effects (64,157 reports)
Long qt syndrome treatments and more:
- Long qt syndrome (2,773 reports)
Common drugs associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Omeprazole: 153 reports
- Furosemide: 147 reports
- Ondansetron: 131 reports
- Escitalopram: 106 reports
- Clarithromycin: 102 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Long qt syndrome (727 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Long qt syndrome:
All the conditions that are associated with Long qt syndrome:
- Long qt syndrome (405 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bortezomib (the active ingredients of Velcade) and Velcade (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lioresal and Rhabdomyolysis - 2 seconds ago
- Duragesic and Fungal Infection - 12 seconds ago
- Avelox and Speech Disorder - 13 seconds ago
- Humalog Kwikpen and Colon Cancer - 16 seconds ago
- Clopra and Zyprexa Zydis drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Paricalcitol and Furosemide drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Compazine and Cordran drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Glossodynia - 31 seconds ago
- Novorapid and Diazepam drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Xeljanz and Prednisolone Acetate drug interaction - 40 seconds ago