Venofer and Atherosclerosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Atherosclerosis is found among people who take Venofer, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Venofer and have Atherosclerosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,251 people who have side effects when taking Venofer from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,251 people reported to have side effects when taking Venofer.
Among them, 22 people (0.3%) have Atherosclerosis.
What is Venofer?
Venofer has active ingredients of iron sucrose. It is often used in anemia. eHealthMe is studying from 7,335 Venofer users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Atherosclerosis?
Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries) is found to be associated with 2,214 drugs and 1,390 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Venofer and Atherosclerosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Atherosclerosis when taking Venofer *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Atherosclerosis when taking Venofer *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 83.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Venofer *:
- Plavix: 10 people, 45.45%
- Folic Acid: 10 people, 45.45%
- Zometa: 8 people, 36.36%
- Neurontin: 8 people, 36.36%
- Lopressor: 8 people, 36.36%
- Nexium: 7 people, 31.82%
- Atrovent: 7 people, 31.82%
- Furosemide: 7 people, 31.82%
- Lamictal: 6 people, 27.27%
- Gabapentin: 6 people, 27.27%
Common side effects people have besides Atherosclerosis *:
- Pneumonia: 14 people, 63.64%
- Pain: 11 people, 50.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 10 people, 45.45%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9 people, 40.91%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 8 people, 36.36%
- Diarrhea: 8 people, 36.36%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 31.82%
- Carotid Artery Stenosis (narrowing of carotid artery): 7 people, 31.82%
- Fall: 7 people, 31.82%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 7 people, 31.82%
Common conditions people have *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 4 people, 18.18%
- Pain: 4 people, 18.18%
- Prostate Cancer: 2 people, 9.09%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 2 people, 9.09%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 9.09%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 9.09%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 9.09%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 9.09%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 9.09%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 1 person, 4.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Venofer and have Atherosclerosis?Check whether Atherosclerosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Atherosclerosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of iron sucrose:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Venofer:
- Venofer (7,335 reports)
Common Venofer side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 811 reports
- Rashes (redness): 606 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 547 reports
- Indigestion: 491 reports
- Diarrhea: 445 reports
- Itching: 414 reports
Browse all side effects of Venofer:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Atherosclerosis treatments and more:
- Atherosclerosis (19,370 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Atherosclerosis:
- Atherosclerosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Atherosclerosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Atherosclerosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Atherosclerosis:
- Vioxx: 2,067 reports
- Avandia: 1,458 reports
- Aspirin: 1,457 reports
- Lipitor: 996 reports
- Zometa: 884 reports
- Lasix: 882 reports
- Prednisone: 875 reports
- Fosamax: 783 reports
- Plavix: 757 reports
- Lisinopril: 757 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Atherosclerosis:
- Atherosclerosis (2,214 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Atherosclerosis:
- Diabetes: 1,118 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,023 reports
- Osteoporosis: 663 reports
- Pain: 644 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Atherosclerosis:
- Atherosclerosis (1,390 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on iron sucrose (the active ingredients of Venofer) and Venofer (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Trusopt and Mucosal Erosion - a second ago
- Carisoprodol and Muscle Weakness Aggravated - a second ago
- Biaxin and Delirium - 11 seconds ago
- Sotalol Hydrochloride and Intraventricular Haemorrhage - 14 seconds ago
- Tinnitus in Liothyronine Sodium, how severe and when it was recovered? - 14 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Peripheral Nerve Transposition - 15 seconds ago
- Irbesartan And Hydrochlorothiazide and Limb Injury - 39 seconds ago
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Kyphosis - 50 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Basophil Count Decreased - 50 seconds ago
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride and Thyroid Diseases - 53 seconds ago