Ventolin and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Ventolin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ventolin and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,623 people who have side effects while taking Ventolin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
50,623 people reported to have side effects when taking Ventolin.
Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Ventolin?
Ventolin has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 51,580 Ventolin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ventolin and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Ventolin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Ventolin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Ventolin *:
- Accolate: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vasotec: 3 people, 60.00%
- Advair Hfa: 3 people, 60.00%
- Proventil: 3 people, 60.00%
- Albuterol: 3 people, 60.00%
- Mevacor: 3 people, 60.00%
- Meticorten: 3 people, 60.00%
- Azmacort: 3 people, 60.00%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 60.00%
- Vicodin: 3 people, 60.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 100.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 100.00%
- Joint Dislocation (a joint position is changed from normal position): 3 people, 60.00%
- Fracture Nonunion (permanent failure of healing following a broken bone): 3 people, 60.00%
- Musculoskeletal Chest Pain (pain in chest muscle or nerve or bones): 3 people, 60.00%
- Ligament Sprain (ligament stretched): 3 people, 60.00%
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 3 people, 60.00%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 60.00%
- Impaired Healing: 3 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 60.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ventolin and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of albuterol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ventolin:
- Ventolin (51,580 reports)
Common Ventolin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ventolin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on albuterol (the active ingredients of Ventolin) and Ventolin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cymbalta and Vosevi drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Erbitux and Depressed Mood - 11 seconds ago
- Metformin Hydrochloride and Cirrhosis Alcoholic - 11 seconds ago
- Darunavir and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 11 seconds ago
- Sodium Bicarbonate and Cardizem drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 22 seconds ago
- Reopro and Myocardial Ischaemia - 23 seconds ago
- Ibu and Ulna Fracture - 26 seconds ago
- Amifostine and Dizziness - 29 seconds ago
- Diastat and Lip Swelling - 30 seconds ago