Vesicare and Skin erosion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin erosion is found among people who take Vesicare, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vesicare and have Skin erosion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,723 people who have side effects when taking Vesicare from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
28,723 people reported to have side effects when taking Vesicare.
Among them, 9 people (0.03%) have Skin erosion.
What is Vesicare?
Vesicare has active ingredients of solifenacin succinate. It is often used in urge incontinence. eHealthMe is studying from 29,489 Vesicare users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin erosion?
Skin erosion (a discontinuity of the skin) is found to be associated with 704 drugs and 475 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vesicare and Skin erosion reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Skin erosion when taking Vesicare *:
- female: 44.44 %
- male: 55.56 %
Age of people who have Skin erosion when taking Vesicare *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Vesicare *:
- Tegretol: 5 people, 55.56%
- Crestor: 5 people, 55.56%
- Famotidine: 4 people, 44.44%
- Glimepiride: 1 person, 11.11%
- Cipro: 1 person, 11.11%
- Diovan: 1 person, 11.11%
- Enbrel: 1 person, 11.11%
- Flomax: 1 person, 11.11%
- Lansoprazole: 1 person, 11.11%
- Tamsulosin Hydrochloride: 1 person, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Skin erosion *:
- Fever: 8 people, 88.89%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 6 people, 66.67%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 66.67%
- Drug Eruption (adverse drug reaction of the skin): 5 people, 55.56%
- Jaundice - Yellow Skin (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin): 5 people, 55.56%
- Liver Disorder (liver diseases): 5 people, 55.56%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 5 people, 55.56%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 55.56%
- Generalised Oedema (swelling all over the body): 5 people, 55.56%
- Cytomegalovirus Test Positive: 5 people, 55.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urination - Painful: 5 people, 55.56%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 55.56%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 5 people, 55.56%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 5 people, 55.56%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 3 people, 33.33%
- Sensory Disturbance (sense disturbance): 2 people, 22.22%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 1 person, 11.11%
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation): 1 person, 11.11%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 11.11%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vesicare and have Skin erosion?Check whether Skin erosion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Skin erosion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of solifenacin succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vesicare:
- Vesicare (29,489 reports)
Common Vesicare side effects:
Browse all side effects of Vesicare:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Skin erosion treatments and more:
- Skin erosion (2,764 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin erosion:
- Skin erosion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin erosion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin erosion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Skin erosion:
- Adapalene: 112 reports
- Humira: 132 reports
- Lamictal: 127 reports
- Methotrexate: 262 reports
- Prednisolone: 115 reports
- Prednisone: 106 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Skin erosion:
- Skin erosion (704 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin erosion:
- High blood pressure: 140 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Skin erosion:
- Skin erosion (475 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on solifenacin succinate (the active ingredients of Vesicare) and Vesicare (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Humira and Incision Site Infection - 23 seconds ago
- Tamsulosin and Macular Degeneration - 25 seconds ago
- Truvada and Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) - 28 seconds ago
- Hair Loss in Clonidine Hydrochloride, how severe and when it was recovered? - 37 seconds ago
- Doxycycline and Candidiasis - 58 seconds ago
- Lo/Ovral and Aleve drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Bydureon and Fatigue - a minute ago
- Humira and Breast Cancer Stage Iii - a minute ago
- Ipratropium Bromide and Dyazide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Theanine and Arg drug interaction - a minute ago