Viberzi and Fever - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fever is found among people who take Viberzi, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Viberzi and have Fever. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,795 people who have side effects when taking Viberzi from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,795 people reported to have side effects when taking Viberzi.
Among them, 33 people (1.18%) have Fever.
What is Viberzi?
Viberzi has active ingredients of eluxadoline. eHealthMe is studying from 2,817 Viberzi users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fever?
Fever is found to be associated with 4,861 drugs and 5,990 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Viberzi and Fever reports submitted per year:
Time on Viberzi when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Viberzi *:
- female: 77.78 %
- male: 22.22 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Viberzi *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.14 %
- 40-49: 21.43 %
- 50-59: 7.14 %
- 60+: 64.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Viberzi *:
- Vitamin C: 13 people, 39.39%
- Amlodipine: 13 people, 39.39%
- Wellbutrin: 12 people, 36.36%
- Xifaxan: 12 people, 36.36%
- Jakafi: 12 people, 36.36%
- Vitamin B: 11 people, 33.33%
- Fluoxetine: 8 people, 24.24%
- Prozac: 8 people, 24.24%
- Lasix: 8 people, 24.24%
- Apixaban: 6 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Fever *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 17 people, 51.52%
- Fall: 16 people, 48.48%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 15 people, 45.45%
- Weight Decreased: 14 people, 42.42%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14 people, 42.42%
- Drowsiness: 13 people, 39.39%
- Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity): 13 people, 39.39%
- Dizziness: 13 people, 39.39%
- Feeding Disorder (when children refuse to eat certain food groups): 13 people, 39.39%
- Rashes (redness): 12 people, 36.36%
Common conditions people have *:
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 12 people, 36.36%
- Polycythaemia Vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells): 12 people, 36.36%
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 6 people, 18.18%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 12.12%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 4 people, 12.12%
- Polymyositis (inflammatory muscle disease that causes weakness of the skeletal muscles): 2 people, 6.06%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 6.06%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 3.03%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 3.03%
- Autoimmune Disorder (a condition in which the immune system attacks the body's normal substances and tissue): 1 person, 3.03%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Viberzi and have Fever?Check whether Fever is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schiller D, Maieron A, Sch?fl R, Donnerer J, "Drug fever due to a single dose of pantoprazole", Pharmacology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Fever and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of eluxadoline:
- Fever and drugs with ingredients of eluxadoline (24 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Viberzi:
- Viberzi (2,817 reports)
Common Viberzi side effects:
- Abdominal pain: 361 reports
- Diarrhea: 331 reports
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas): 296 reports
- Constipation: 278 reports
- Drug ineffective: 250 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 137 reports
- Dizziness: 125 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 114 reports
Browse all side effects of Viberzi:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fever treatments and more:
- Fever (434,641 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fever:
- Fever in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fever in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fever in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fever:
- Prednisone: 26,713 reports
- Methotrexate: 20,661 reports
- Humira: 18,277 reports
- Enbrel: 13,289 reports
- Aspirin: 12,477 reports
- Omeprazole: 11,534 reports
- Prednisolone: 10,764 reports
- Tylenol: 9,932 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,920 reports
- Pantoprazole: 9,677 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (4,861 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fever:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 23,176 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 17,600 reports
- High blood pressure: 14,574 reports
- Crohn's disease: 10,827 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 10,715 reports
- Pain: 10,593 reports
- Asthma: 7,908 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Fever:
- Fever (5,990 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on eluxadoline (the active ingredients of Viberzi) and Viberzi (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acetaminophen vs. Cannabis - 12 seconds ago
- Cytarabine and Eosinophilic Cystitis - 15 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Modafinil drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Sunitinib Malate and Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Abnormal - 40 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain Upper and Renal Cyst - 51 seconds ago
- Denavir and Epigastric Discomfort - 59 seconds ago
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Lecithin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Actos and Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional - a minute ago
- Konakion and Diverticulum Intestinal - a minute ago
- Zyrtec and Ocular Vascular Disorder - a minute ago