Vicodin and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vicodin and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 58,091 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
58,091 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 19 people (0.03%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Vicodin?
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 58,560 Vicodin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vicodin and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 22.22 %
- male: 77.78 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 57.14 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Vicodin *:
- Zantac: 8 people, 42.11%
- Celexa: 8 people, 42.11%
- Vioxx: 8 people, 42.11%
- Mevacor: 6 people, 31.58%
- Fosamax: 5 people, 26.32%
- Accolate: 3 people, 15.79%
- Azmacort: 3 people, 15.79%
- Omniscan: 3 people, 15.79%
- Nitro-Bid: 3 people, 15.79%
- Nifedipine: 3 people, 15.79%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Depression: 17 people, 89.47%
- Joint Pain: 15 people, 78.95%
- Stress And Anxiety: 15 people, 78.95%
- Weakness: 13 people, 68.42%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 13 people, 68.42%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 11 people, 57.89%
- Sinus Disorder (disease of sinus): 11 people, 57.89%
- Erection Problems: 11 people, 57.89%
- Asthma: 10 people, 52.63%
- Cough: 10 people, 52.63%
Common conditions people have *:
- Indigestion: 8 people, 42.11%
- Depression: 8 people, 42.11%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 6 people, 31.58%
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 3 people, 15.79%
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles): 2 people, 10.53%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 2 people, 10.53%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 5.26%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 5.26%
- Metastases To Prostate (cancer spreads to prostate): 1 person, 5.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vicodin and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vicodin:
- Vicodin (58,560 reports)
Common Vicodin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Vicodin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate (the active ingredients of Vicodin) and Vicodin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prograf and Drug Tolerance Decreased - 6 seconds ago
- Slo-Niacin and The Flu - 10 seconds ago
- Morphine and Arterial Thrombosis - 12 seconds ago
- Saxenda and Maculopathy - 21 seconds ago
- Reyataz and Disturbance In Attention - 23 seconds ago
- Tigan vs. Meclizine - 24 seconds ago
- Zide and Ganirelix Acetate drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Symbyax and Kidney Stones - 31 seconds ago
- Ultram vs. Tramadol And Acetaminophen - 33 seconds ago
- Campath and Convulsion - 33 seconds ago