Vicodin and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 1,141 people (2.59%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 27.27 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.27 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.64 %
- 10+ years: 9.09 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 67.3 %
- male: 32.7 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 1.9 %
- 20-29: 2.54 %
- 30-39: 5.29 %
- 40-49: 22.41 %
- 50-59: 33.72 %
- 60+: 33.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (145 people, 12.71%)
- High Blood Pressure (95 people, 8.33%)
- Depression (83 people, 7.27%)
- Metastases To Bone (81 people, 7.10%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (74 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (387 people, 33.92%)
- Vioxx (297 people, 26.03%)
- Prilosec (296 people, 25.94%)
- Aredia (295 people, 25.85%)
- Nexium (258 people, 22.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (563 people, 49.34%)
- High Blood Pressure (412 people, 36.11%)
- Nausea (378 people, 33.13%)
- Joint Pain (371 people, 32.52%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (369 people, 32.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gerd when taking Vicodin?
- Check symptoms - is gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGerd and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,846 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,266 Gerd patients).
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd
Could your condition cause GerdGerd
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.