Vicodin and Mood swings - from FDA reports
Mood swings is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Mood swings with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 30, 2017
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 339 people (0.77%) have Mood swings
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Mood swings *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 61.01 %
- male: 38.99 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.52 %
- 20-29: 8.71 %
- 30-39: 19.7 %
- 40-49: 26.89 %
- 50-59: 28.03 %
- 60+: 15.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (57 people, 16.81%)
- Stress And Anxiety (39 people, 11.50%)
- Quit Smoking (24 people, 7.08%)
- Insomnia (21 people, 6.19%)
- Sleep Disorder (20 people, 5.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (59 people, 17.40%)
- Seroquel (54 people, 15.93%)
- Oxycontin (53 people, 15.63%)
- Ativan (52 people, 15.34%)
- Ambien (46 people, 13.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (142 people, 41.89%)
- Stress And Anxiety (123 people, 36.28%)
- Fatigue (109 people, 32.15%)
- Memory Loss (101 people, 29.79%)
- Nausea (89 people, 26.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mood swings when taking Vicodin?
- Check symptoms - is mood swings caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMood swings and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMood swings and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,845 users)
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 43,340 Mood swings patients).
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mood swingsMood swings
Could your condition cause Mood swingsMood swings
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Honestly I will never take this pill ever again. I wish I could say I only felt drowsy . At first I did and then I started getting these really sad and depressive thoughts and I know it's the pill because I had a great day. I start crying for no reason . My boyfriend asked me what was wrong and ...
User reviews to the study
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...
I took Plan B one step 5 and ago and for the last 4 days I've felt terrible emotionally. I'm grateful that I don't have any physical symptoms but at the same time I'm really upset and want his to be over soon. I don't want to tell my friends I took the medication so I feel pretty alone.