Vicodin and Sepsis - from FDA reports
Sepsis is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Sepsis with Vicodin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 43,979 people who have side effects when taking Vicodin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 05, 2017
43,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin.
Among them, 775 people (1.76%) have Sepsis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Vicodin when people have Sepsis *:
- < 1 month: 80.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 6.67 %
Gender of people who have Sepsis when taking Vicodin *:
- female: 54.5 %
- male: 45.5 %
Age of people who have Sepsis when taking Vicodin *:
- 0-1: 0.3 %
- 2-9: 0.15 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.9 %
- 30-39: 4.65 %
- 40-49: 11.69 %
- 50-59: 30.58 %
- 60+: 51.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (90 people, 11.61%)
- Metastases To Bone (65 people, 8.39%)
- Depression (64 people, 8.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (57 people, 7.35%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (55 people, 7.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (196 people, 25.29%)
- Lasix (182 people, 23.48%)
- Prednisone (170 people, 21.94%)
- Neurontin (154 people, 19.87%)
- Zofran (152 people, 19.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (226 people, 29.16%)
- Pneumonia (212 people, 27.35%)
- Anaemia (211 people, 27.23%)
- Breathing Difficulty (199 people, 25.68%)
- Stress And Anxiety (185 people, 23.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Sepsis when taking Vicodin?
- Check symptoms - is sepsis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSepsis and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSepsis and Vicodin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Vicodin 47,846 users)
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, preventive health care (latest reports from 69,594 Sepsis patients).
Browse all side effects of Vicodina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SepsisSepsis
Could your condition cause SepsisSepsis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My wife developed a condition known as Granulomatosis Polyagiitis. Our doctor says this is generally triggered by an infection. She had been hospitalized for food poisoning about 3 weeks before the GPA symptoms began to appear. She also had Sepsis during her stay. We are wondering if the ...
Hi guys.. my dad died from heart failure but primary cause if heart failing was from sepsis.... He had lateral T wave inversion & atrial fibrillation. How is sepsis connected and cause T wave invertion? ?? Thanks
I developed sepsis in a pinned hip after taking benlysta only twice. Once my hip is healed up, my rheumatologist would like to restart me on benlysta. What have been people's experiences with restarting benlysta after having sepsis? Did your doctor do anything different, such as weekly blood ...