Victoza and Alopecia - from FDA reports
Alopecia is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Alopecia with Victoza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,869 people who have side effects when taking Victoza from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
25,869 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza.
Among them, 162 people (0.63%) have Alopecia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Victoza when people have Alopecia *:
- < 1 month: 41.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Victoza *:
- female: 90.2 %
- male: 9.8 %
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Victoza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.57 %
- 30-39: 3.94 %
- 40-49: 10.24 %
- 50-59: 26.77 %
- 60+: 57.48 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (8 people, 4.94%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 3.70%)
- Depression (4 people, 2.47%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 1.85%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (3 people, 1.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (16 people, 9.88%)
- Levemir (6 people, 3.70%)
- Lantus (6 people, 3.70%)
- Aubagio (6 people, 3.70%)
- Invokana (5 people, 3.09%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (20 people, 12.35%)
- Nausea (14 people, 8.64%)
- Diarrhea (13 people, 8.02%)
- Appetite - Decreased (13 people, 8.02%)
- Weakness (9 people, 5.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Alopecia when taking Victoza?
- Check symptoms - is alopecia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlopecia and drugs with ingredients of liraglutide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlopecia and Victoza from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 26,441 users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 92,007 Alopecia patients).
Browse all side effects of Victozaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AlopeciaAlopecia
Could your condition cause AlopeciaAlopecia
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fontoura P, de Almeida Cardoso MC, Erthal-Martins MC, Werneck C, Sartorio C, Ramos CF, "The effects of liraglutide on male fertility: a case report", Reproductive biomedicine online, 2014 Nov .
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2017 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
I’m in shock. I’ve been looking for reason my hair is falling out. I’ve had lots of blood work. NOTHING. Now I see it may be caused by Fentanyl. This is not on their side effects list. I’m beside myself.
Hello everyone my name is chip. l just need to know is there help at 59 to get my hair back. lM wearing wigs which l thought l would never wear. My hair is about 20 strings. I'm so sad skin clears but l loss all my hair. please help me please. Tell me your experience with cosentyx. Do you ...
I have been on Tecfidera for over a year, yes I have hair loss . I did call the company on it, and they say it is not a side effect. Maybe people on Tec do lose but they do not call it in. So it will not be known to the makers of this drug to list as a side effect, do you agree ??? I know I ...
I have taken senna nightly after being diagnosed with IBS-C. It was the only thing that gave me relief. After a few months I noticed my hair changed in texture and began fallling out. I didnt put it together and have every blood test and im fine. Has anyone else experienced hair loss from Senna? ...