Victoza and Headache - from FDA reports
Headache is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Headache with Victoza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,869 people who have side effects when taking Victoza from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
25,869 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza.
Among them, 1,173 people (4.53%) have Headache
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Victoza when people have Headache *:
- < 1 month: 72.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.73 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.73 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.38 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 1.35 %
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Victoza *:
- female: 72.27 %
- male: 27.73 %
Age of people who have Headache when taking Victoza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.57 %
- 20-29: 0.69 %
- 30-39: 2.53 %
- 40-49: 13.32 %
- 50-59: 33.07 %
- 60+: 49.83 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (63 people, 5.37%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (27 people, 2.30%)
- Weight Decreased (17 people, 1.45%)
- Insulin-Requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (16 people, 1.36%)
- Glucose Tolerance Impaired (15 people, 1.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (105 people, 8.95%)
- Lantus (61 people, 5.20%)
- Levemir (37 people, 3.15%)
- Novolog (36 people, 3.07%)
- Lipitor (27 people, 2.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (549 people, 46.80%)
- Diarrhea (204 people, 17.39%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (163 people, 13.90%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (129 people, 11.00%)
- Appetite - Decreased (121 people, 10.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Headache when taking Victoza?
- Check symptoms - is headache caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeadache and drugs with ingredients of liraglutide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeadache and Victoza from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 26,441 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, pain (latest reports from 344,765 Headache patients).
Browse all side effects of Victozaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeadacheHeadache
Could your condition cause HeadacheHeadache
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have often woken up with a feeling of slight compression in my head. Taking brewers yeast on a regular basis seems to prevent this feeling.... or am I kidding myself? Any suggestions as to what is happening?
I had blood work done because I've been feeling sick to my stomach a lot lately. My pancreatic enzymes are elevated. I take low dose of generic topamax and Effexor daily. Has this ever happened to anyone??
User posts to the study
I have dealt with H/A s lifelong and now have new and progressively more H/A s and other symptoms! Been working with VA and not getting ahead of things. Still more things to try, but very frustrating. Hoping to find something that helps!...
I was put on plavix and aspirin daily 2 months ago for 6 months after undergoing surgery for a pipeline for a brain aneurism. My headaches only started 2 weeks ago. I am trying to find out if it's the medication causing my headaches. I also had contrast dye with my ct two weeks ago then the ...