Videx and Glycosuria - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Glycosuria is found among people who take Videx, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Videx and have Glycosuria. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,730 people who have side effects when taking Videx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,730 people reported to have side effects when taking Videx.
Among them, 40 people (0.52%) have Glycosuria.
What is Videx?
Videx has active ingredients of didanosine. eHealthMe is studying from 7,595 Videx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Glycosuria?
Glycosuria (excretion of glucose into the urine) is found to be associated with 621 drugs and 329 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Videx and Glycosuria reports submitted per year:
Time on Videx when people have Glycosuria *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glycosuria when taking Videx *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Glycosuria when taking Videx *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 15.38 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.54 %
- 40-49: 34.62 %
- 50-59: 34.62 %
- 60+: 3.85 %
Common drugs people take besides Videx *:
- Viread: 36 people, 90.00%
- Norvir: 30 people, 75.00%
- Epivir: 29 people, 72.50%
- Kaletra: 23 people, 57.50%
- Bactrim: 22 people, 55.00%
- Zerit: 17 people, 42.50%
- Retrovir: 17 people, 42.50%
- Sustiva: 16 people, 40.00%
- Isentress: 16 people, 40.00%
- Prezista: 15 people, 37.50%
Common side effects people have besides Glycosuria *:
- Back Pain: 20 people, 50.00%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 16 people, 40.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 16 people, 40.00%
- Weight Decreased: 15 people, 37.50%
- Hypoacusis (loss of hearing): 14 people, 35.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 14 people, 35.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 14 people, 35.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 14 people, 35.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 14 people, 35.00%
- Pain In Jaw: 14 people, 35.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 16 people, 40.00%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 2.50%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 2.50%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 1 person, 2.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Videx and have Glycosuria?Check whether Glycosuria is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Glycosuria and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of didanosine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Videx:
- Videx (7,595 reports)
Common Videx side effects:
Browse all side effects of Videx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Glycosuria treatments and more:
- Glycosuria (1,460 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Glycosuria:
- Glycosuria in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Glycosuria in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Glycosuria in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Glycosuria:
All the drugs that are associated with Glycosuria:
- Glycosuria (621 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Glycosuria:
- Depression: 102 reports
- Hiv: 222 reports
- Hiv antibody positive: 206 reports
- Hiv infection: 209 reports
- Hiv test: 206 reports
- Human immunodeficiency virus infection: 222 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Glycosuria:
- Glycosuria (329 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on didanosine (the active ingredients of Videx) and Videx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine and Alupent drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Asa and Belching - 14 seconds ago
- Arrhythmias and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 19 seconds ago
- Aleve and Estraderm drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Lasix and Psychological Trauma - 31 seconds ago
- Zoloft and A-Hydrocort drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Lasix and Gallbladder Disorder - 39 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Epiglottitis - 42 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Lactic Acidosis - 45 seconds ago
- Vitamin B3 and Bentyl drug interaction - 47 seconds ago