Videx and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is found among people who take Videx, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Videx and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,730 people who have side effects when taking Videx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,730 people reported to have side effects when taking Videx.
Among them, 8 people (0.1%) have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma.
What is Videx?
Videx has active ingredients of didanosine. eHealthMe is studying from 7,595 Videx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (malignant (cancer) cells form in the lymph system) is found to be associated with 1,462 drugs and 1,146 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Videx and Non-hodgkin's lymphoma reports submitted per year:
Time on Videx when people have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Videx *:
- female: 12.5 %
- male: 87.5 %
Age of people who have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma when taking Videx *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Videx *:
- Zerit: 6 people, 75.00%
- Zidovudine: 3 people, 37.50%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Agenerase: 3 people, 37.50%
- Cisplatin: 3 people, 37.50%
- Dexamethasone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Mixtard Human 70/30: 3 people, 37.50%
- Ziagen: 3 people, 37.50%
- Pentacarinat: 3 people, 37.50%
- Vepesid: 3 people, 37.50%
Common side effects people have besides Non-hodgkin's lymphoma *:
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 3 people, 37.50%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 3 people, 37.50%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lung Neoplasm (tumour of lung): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hypokinesia (decreased bodily movement): 2 people, 25.00%
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver): 2 people, 25.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 12.50%
- Hepatitis Toxic: 1 person, 12.50%
- Hepatitis Cholestatic (flow of bile from the liver is slowed or blocked): 1 person, 12.50%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 5 people, 62.50%
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 1 person, 12.50%
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Videx and have Non-hodgkin's lymphoma?Check whether Non-hodgkin's lymphoma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kapoor A, Kumar V, Beniwal S, Dutta S, Goyal S, Kumar HS, "Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: Not necessarily reversible!", Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal, 2015 Mar .
How severe was Non-hodgkin's lymphoma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of didanosine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Videx:
- Videx (7,595 reports)
Common Videx side effects:
Browse all side effects of Videx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Non-hodgkin's lymphoma treatments and more:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (55,833 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
All the drugs that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,462 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
All the conditions that are associated with Non-hodgkin's lymphoma:
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma (1,146 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on didanosine (the active ingredients of Videx) and Videx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Folic Acid and Dizziness Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Pramine and Injection Site Pruritus - 16 seconds ago
- Videx and Glycosuria - 18 seconds ago
- Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride and Oxybutynin Chloride drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Lasix and Cardiac Flutter - 24 seconds ago
- Reprexain and Drug Ineffective - 28 seconds ago
- Cytarabine and Nasal Obstruction - 31 seconds ago
- Triazolam and Revlimid drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Videx and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 50 seconds ago
- Activase and Baclofen drug interaction - 50 seconds ago