Videx and Seborrhoeic dermatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Seborrhoeic dermatitis is found among people who take Videx, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Videx and have Seborrhoeic dermatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,730 people who have side effects when taking Videx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,730 people reported to have side effects when taking Videx.
Among them, 6 people (0.08%) have Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
What is Videx?
Videx has active ingredients of didanosine. eHealthMe is studying from 7,734 Videx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Seborrhoeic dermatitis?
Seborrhoeic dermatitis (a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp) is found to be associated with 790 drugs and 413 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Videx and Seborrhoeic dermatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Videx when people have Seborrhoeic dermatitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Seborrhoeic dermatitis when taking Videx *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Seborrhoeic dermatitis when taking Videx *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Videx *:
- Norvir: 4 people, 66.67%
- Epivir: 4 people, 66.67%
- Zerit: 2 people, 33.33%
- Viramune: 2 people, 33.33%
- Zidovudine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ziagen: 1 person, 16.67%
- Viracept: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ritonavir: 1 person, 16.67%
- Retrovir: 1 person, 16.67%
- Plavix: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Seborrhoeic dermatitis *:
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye): 4 people, 66.67%
- Mean Cell Volume Increased (more than normal average red blood cell volume): 3 people, 50.00%
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 3 people, 50.00%
- Blood Lactic Acid Increased: 3 people, 50.00%
- Platelet Count Increased: 3 people, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 50.00%
- Tachypnea: 3 people, 50.00%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- Birth Control: 2 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hiv Infection: 4 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Videx and have Seborrhoeic dermatitis?Check whether Seborrhoeic dermatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Seborrhoeic dermatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of didanosine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Videx:
- Videx (7,734 reports)
Common Videx side effects:
Browse all side effects of Videx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Seborrhoeic dermatitis treatments and more:
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis (2,718 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis (790 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Seborrhoeic dermatitis:
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis (413 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on didanosine (the active ingredients of Videx) and Videx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Osteoarthritis and Angiodysplasia - 2 seconds ago
- Tpn and Chills - 16 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Caffeine drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Hydroxyurea and Urination - Excessive At Night - 41 seconds ago
- Mupirocin and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Cotrim and Hemianopia - 43 seconds ago
- Exforge Hct and Nausea And Vomiting - 54 seconds ago
- Sutent and Modafinil drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tpn and Stable Angina - a minute ago
- Risedronate Sodium and Travoprost drug interaction - a minute ago