Vioxx and Chest pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chest pain is found among people who take Vioxx, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vioxx and have Chest pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109,817 people who have side effects when taking Vioxx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
109,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Vioxx.
Among them, 11,792 people (10.74%) have Chest pain.
What is Vioxx?
Vioxx has active ingredients of rofecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 109,849 Vioxx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chest pain?
Chest pain is found to be associated with 4,839 drugs and 4,682 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vioxx and Chest pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Vioxx when people have Chest pain *:
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Vioxx*:
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Vioxx *:
Common drugs people take besides Vioxx *:
Common side effects people have besides Chest pain *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vioxx and have Chest pain?Check whether Chest pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Pang, T., & Gudi, A., "Chest pain following the use of fluvoxamine in depression", Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Chest pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rofecoxib:
- Chest pain and drugs with ingredients of rofecoxib (11,936 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vioxx:
- Vioxx (109,849 reports)
Common Vioxx side effects:
- Heart attack: 33,541 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 24,347 reports
- High blood pressure: 13,957 reports
- Chest pain: 11,792 reports
- Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 8,606 reports
- Depression: 7,964 reports
Browse all side effects of Vioxx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chest pain treatments and more:
- Chest pain (325,657 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chest pain:
- Chest pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chest pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chest pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chest pain:
- Aspirin: 17,787 reports
- Prednisone: 17,036 reports
- Vioxx: 11,792 reports
- Omeprazole: 8,948 reports
- Metformin: 8,906 reports
- Lipitor: 8,725 reports
- Methotrexate: 8,722 reports
- Humira: 8,677 reports
- Lisinopril: 8,539 reports
- Synthroid: 8,443 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Chest pain:
- Chest pain (4,839 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chest pain:
- High blood pressure: 15,249 reports
- Asthma: 13,835 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 13,819 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 12,065 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 9,982 reports
- Pain: 9,333 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Chest pain:
- Chest pain (4,682 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rofecoxib (the active ingredients of Vioxx) and Vioxx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prandin and Pulmonary Vascular Disorder - 12 seconds ago
- Avalide and Accolate drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Focalin Xr and Lantus drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Avalide and Abraxane drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Cipro and Blockage Of Leg Arteries - 33 seconds ago
- Profen and Atrophic Vulvovaginitis - 36 seconds ago
- Methyldopa and Carvedilol drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Avalide and Abilify drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Lidoderm and Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Abnormal - 43 seconds ago
- Zelnorm and Artane drug interaction - 44 seconds ago