Vioxx and Generalized anxiety disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Generalized anxiety disorder is found among people who take Vioxx, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Vioxx and have Generalized anxiety disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109,817 people who have side effects when taking Vioxx from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
109,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Vioxx.
Among them, 561 people (0.51%) have Generalized anxiety disorder.
What is Vioxx?
Vioxx has active ingredients of rofecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 109,849 Vioxx users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Generalized anxiety disorder?
Generalized anxiety disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry) is found to be associated with 1,810 drugs and 1,388 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Vioxx and Generalized anxiety disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Vioxx when people have Generalized anxiety disorder *:
Gender of people who have Generalized anxiety disorder when taking Vioxx*:
Age of people who have Generalized anxiety disorder when taking Vioxx *:
Common drugs people take besides Vioxx *:
Common side effects people have besides Generalized anxiety disorder *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Vioxx and have Generalized anxiety disorder?Check whether Generalized anxiety disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Generalized anxiety disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of rofecoxib:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Vioxx:
- Vioxx (109,849 reports)
Common Vioxx side effects:
- Heart attack: 33,541 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 24,347 reports
- High blood pressure: 13,957 reports
- Chest pain: 11,792 reports
- Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 8,606 reports
- Depression: 7,964 reports
Browse all side effects of Vioxx:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Generalized anxiety disorder treatments and more:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (28,387 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Generalized anxiety disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Vioxx: 561 reports
- Fosamax: 471 reports
- Xanax: 327 reports
- Aspirin: 306 reports
- Prednisone: 246 reports
- Diazepam: 240 reports
- Zoloft: 223 reports
- Tylenol: 221 reports
- Oxycontin: 220 reports
- Seroquel: 220 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (1,810 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Depression: 487 reports
- Osteoporosis: 429 reports
- High blood pressure: 403 reports
- Pain: 399 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 374 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Generalized anxiety disorder:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (1,388 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on rofecoxib (the active ingredients of Vioxx) and Vioxx (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depressed Mood and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - 19 seconds ago
- Depressed Mood and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - 19 seconds ago
- Urine Odor Abnormal and drugs of ingredients of clonazepam - 27 seconds ago
- Valium and Infusion Site Extravasation - 36 seconds ago
- Rivaroxaban and Gastric Mucosal Lesion - 37 seconds ago
- Profen and Tongue Cancer Metastatic - 40 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Burning Sensation - 56 seconds ago
- Profen and Uterine Fibroids - 57 seconds ago
- Tremfya and Lidocaine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Children'S Zyrtec Allergy vs. Levocetirizine Hydrochloride - a minute ago